Quick question to BYC people with JG's and Australorps

chickenprnces

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Which one is it that has pink feet bottoms? The JG's or the Australorp???

kla37

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Black Australorps have pink on the bottom of their feet and the Jersey Giants have yellow on the bottom of their feet. Of course, you may have to clean their feet to tell first! My chickens never have clean feet except right after a bath. :)

chickenprnces

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
OH Boy! Turns out my great big handsome Jersey Giant is actually a great big giant Australorp! Talk about identity crisis! He started out as a Buckeye (thats what the people we got him from said he was)! Didn't look right when I looked it up though! Sent out some pics and they said oh no that's a Jersey Giant! Now he has changed again! Guess I have the rarest Rooster in the world! He constantly changes breeds!!!!!!!:clap

Lothiriel

Ridin' The Range
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
chickenprnces said:
OH Boy! Turns out my great big handsome Jersey Giant is actually a great big giant Australorp! Talk about identity crisis! He started out as a Buckeye (thats what the people we got him from said he was)! Didn't look right when I looked it up though! Sent out some pics and they said oh no that's a Jersey Giant! Now he has changed again! Guess I have the rarest Rooster in the world! He constantly changes breeds!!!!!!!:clap
He must be awesome! :D