rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Time to make sure I have enough cinder blocks to put up my 100 gallon water tanks. We've been using self filling valves on 5 gallon buckets and we'll continue until it freezes hard. I may see how long I can keep it going in the name of fresh, easy water.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Trinka takes up lots of room.jpg

I also got another trough to feed from the side because Trinka, my only experimental and chronic hay basket emptier/scatterer, takes up the space of 20 goats all by herself. Trinks in the middle with her butt toward you. Summer and her daughter to the right. Hera to the far left eating from the side. Those are my big mean hard hitting herd matrons and Trinka's grass hay confetti routine and aggressive trough hogging may get her sold this year (she also frequently imparts an unfriendly standoffish disposition to even her bottle kids) Hera may also be listed if i get the right kids from her due to too much intensity and not just when pregnant-I like having my knees bend the right way and not having goats thrown at me by her, also, she bit off the end of Summer's tail during their battles. Hera adores people though. So much it may be hard to let her go.

Last edited:

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Waiting on test results for half the herd is tense going. IDK if I wrote about it, but a week or two ago I got out of my van at the end of our driveway to shut our ever-flopping open mailbox I heard a kitten crying from a bush on the edge of our neighboring (corn)field (now it's a wheat field). Well, I found the traumatized kitten, fished it out, assumed it would be trapped in my van and drove it back to the garage. Turns out vans are not kitten tight, so I spent the next hour with Shaun's help working a feral kitten out from the inner workings of our van that I more or less put in there like an idiot.

And the neighbor who feeds/owns the ferals next door did not recognize or want him so...

Now the feral kitten lives in our house. He wants everyone to know he's still feral. And all the kids belong to him as his staff and servants.

Feral Cat 11 16 23.jpg

The feral colony next door is clearly out of control. They got us.

I'm thinking of naming him Triphazard. Baxter is another option. Or Allergen.

Anyway, his fate is barn cat if we don't rehome him first. No matter what the kids or he thinks.

Last edited: