rachels.haven's Journal

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
If she advertises on FB...for boarding facility.... Post pics of conditions left for new people to see, like "this is how her last barn looked", etc. can't be slander if it's real truth. Careful to not border harassment. 😁

Looks like the original barn was well set for the horses to enjoy.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
and/or - not that I'm a crowd funder --- GoFundMe for clean up. Can't hurt - post pics and story w/o the name of the seller (though if someone asks you can either say or give the address (?) I think it may be public record any one could find out who owned it. --- though caveat that would put your new address out there. Maybe not such a good idea.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love @Margali 's suggestion.. Total fact that you are reporting.... and proof that the farm belonged to them by public records who and when it was sold and your agreement for them to "rent it" for the extra time... IN FACT,,,,, I would call animal control and let them see what you still have to clean up after them.....

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Legally they were supposed to disclose it.
By not disclosing the rat infestation you can probably keep the deposit since a rat infestation due to her poor horse/stable keeping is NOT normal. Also the realtor is liable for the non-disclosure too so you can report him to the Realtors' Board.
She now owns a massive horse boarding, selling, and training facility so she can do this on a larger scale (including animal suffering) and I helped fund it.
I don't do Facebook, but you can post poor reviews of her management with pix of the stable mess she left for you.
And if we can't keep the deposit, I might leave her some Google and FB reviews with lots of pics that we took.
Definitely.
Send a certified letter with pictures and her agent's reply that is "normal for a horse barn" to the animal control people of your area. State concern for welfare of animals at her new facility and request monitoring of it for animal welfare.
The seller won't be able to sue for slander/libel (never sure which one is written) if you are asking the Health Department and Animal Control Department if this is how it should look as a "normal" barn.

Keep taking photos and consider having someone else come out as a witness to the disgusting way the stables were left.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
We spoke to a real estate agent from our ward at church on the deposit issue. We are doing things correctly and she told us how things will go based on the various route options and has a lawyer she works with if we need it. She thinks they pulled a dirty trick and the real estate agent is trying to lean on the fact we don't have an agent representing us. Well, we have one on council now. She thinks if it goes to court the odds are pretty heavily in our favor due to the bs factor.
We turned over the rat pallets today and it was less scary than I thought. We'll remove those as soon as it's not a super hot day. The heat is kind of sedating barn work and resulted in my kitchen being unpacked.

It's so hot you can't tell, but the does arrived today! The herd is back together.
PXL_20240618_190116644.jpg

I also made contact with a lamancha breeder about 30 minutes away from here via the transporter.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you have found some "support" there local... yes, they are trying to take advantage of your situation and now you have the needed "back up"... Good for you....
Glad the does arrived... the temps are only supposed to get hotter so good they are there now...
Lots of good thoughts going your way....

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
We spoke to a real estate agent from our ward at church on the deposit issue. We are doing things correctly and she told us how things will go based on the various route options and has a lawyer she works with if we need it. She thinks they pulled a dirty trick and the real estate agent is trying to lean on the fact we don't have an agent representing us. Well, we have one on council now.
SO GLAD YOU HAVE BACKUP!! :love

Since you have electricity in the barn, maybe buy some big fans and install them near doorway. Tractor Supply has wall mounted ones and air flow makes SUCH a difference.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
SO GLAD YOU HAVE BACKUP!! :love

Since you have electricity in the barn, maybe buy some big fans and install them near doorway. Tractor Supply has wall mounted ones and air flow makes SUCH a difference.
I'd love that! If I can pull it off I plan to, but we need to buy DH a new car after getting in an accident and then a new truck and I just bought the bucks electric fencing because the horse electric won't hold a goat and I want a new induction stove...so much money. I/we kind of need those fans though. We shall see. I'd take a biggie floor one on both ends for sure.