rachels.haven's Journal

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m so sorry 😢 no words to help, she was an amazing partner, I didn’t even know her and I have tears in my eyes. A heart dog for sure.
Hugs

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
DEFINITELY rattle snake bite, probably to the lip. I couldn't have prevented it and unless I was with her at the time or very lucky with my many times a day visits out there I doubt I could have saved her life in time. Google can show you what her face looked like. As usual for around here, when it was gruesome or depressing I didn't take pics. That was probably a lot of suffering on the way out too. Poor dog.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
DEFINITELY rattle snake bite, probably to the lip. I couldn't have prevented it and unless I was with her at the time or very lucky with my many times a day visits out there I doubt I could have saved her life in time. Google can show you what her face looked like. As usual for around here, when it was gruesome or depressing I didn't take pics. That was probably a lot of suffering on the way out too. Poor dog.
Ah geeze. Didn’t realize you had rattle snakes out there. 😕

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@SageHill. Yes, we have rattlers here on east coast but not as many as you guys out west. Mostly here they're in heavy woods -- forested preserves. I've seen 2 in my lifetime. Water moccasins, plenty of those in and around our numerous waterways. And copperheads may be the most seen in the near woods, open areas. Rat snakes are numerous here! Mountainous areas of VA have plenty of rattlers.

Bailey was doing her job, defending from danger. 😑

Latest posts