Roll Farms - Herdstock is over, and I'm feeling hung over, lol

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Uh uh, RTG, I've been hanging onto this here halo for 39 yrs, go find your own.

I'm sort of deflated about the trip now....found out my friend's adult dd is going and she and I do not exactly get along.
(As a teen she'd call her mom names and tell her what was what and I don't go for that, I would have NEVER dreamed of talking to my mom the way this girl did....)

Ah well.

Forgot to tell you that DH's NZ doe had babies again yesterday.......and left them on the wire. The last litter she had was the one I attempted to bottle raise.

We pulled her belly fur and put them in the nest box but I'm betting they'll be dead this morning. This is strike 2 for her. I'm hoping he eats her. Hearing their pitiful cries just breaks my heart.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Monday was pretty much taken up by the greenhouse trip and my company....had to do the barn tours and gator ride, etc. After they left DH and I went up to water the plants above the pond and then it was bed time.

At the greenhouse I had to get a few things. Red, orange, and yellow coneflowers. Bougainvillea in 2 more colors. A couple carnations (pinks) that will (hopefully) produce 'bouquet' stlye blooms.

That's all I got. Not even 1/2 a flat. What restraint!

The NZ doe still has some live kits. Not sure for how long, and she never did pull more fur, but some are still alive so I'm assuming she's at least feeding part of them. If a female makes it, we will replace her.

Yesterday I got up at 3 for work (looks like I'm not getting off truck after all, the Asst. Mgr. quit and they 'need' me, w/ my experience...*sigh*...I was asked for the 20th or 30th time to give up goat farming and work full time at TSC, being promised a store of my own someday...uh...NO.)

After work, I ran to a dollar store for more pots (for the bougainvillea and some stuff my MIL brought me Sunday), ran home for chores, zoomed through that, treated the pond w/ copper sulfate, sprayed weedkiller, did laundry, got everything planted and then....felt sick as a dog for a few hours. Not sure if I had a touch o' food poisoning, I inhaled too much weedkiller, or what but I felt awful. Sorta collapsed in my chair for a bit and waited til I felt a bit better, then finished up the day and went to bed early.

So far this morning I feel ok. :fl

Today's agenda:
Chores
Go get feed and put it away
Spray weedkiller around the pond, again. Can't use strong stuff so it takes a few applications of 'weak' stuff to do it.
then....finally....WASH MY TOMATO.

(My tomato is a big honkin' red jacked up, redneck jeep I adore. I promised I'd get rid of it when I turned 40 so this is my last summer of going topless in it.)

I have been good, good, good all spring and done work instead of play. Today....out comes the jeep and my 'fun' starts. wOOt!

If I get that done, I may also wash / vacuum the "Eggplant" - the black jeep I use for feed hauling / trips. She just ain't as purty as the tomato, lol.

tomato11.jpg

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I have to grow up someday.

And 40 yr old women shouldn't run around topless. ;)

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You need to keep the Tomato. You are who you are, regardless of your age. Who says you have to do anything at a certain age. Do what feels right.

HankTheTank

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well...I'll be needing a vehicle in a little while, why don't you just ship me that Tomato, when you have to get rid of it? :D

I love going topless! :lol:

marlowmanor

Reaction score
If old men can go out and buy convertibles when they hit their midlife crisis stage you can keep your Tomato! I'm betting you look better riding topless than the old men in the convertibles do! :lol:

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I know I could keep the tomato....but seriously....we don't "need" it and it just sits all winter. DH bought it / fixed it up for himself but hates driving it (bumpy ride and hard to steer). I LOVE driving it....so I do. :cool: He wanted to use it as part of the trade for his truck and I threw a hissy fit and begged him to let me keep it one more year, :p

Well, I guess the Eggplant doesn't look too bad once it's cleaned up. I haven't washed it since last fall so it was pretty.darn.cruddy and looked bad. Remove 6 mos. worth of grime and salt and mud and this is what you end up with :lol:

eggplant12.jpg

My newest obsession, plant-wise - Bougainvillea

The 1st one I got that started it all

pink1.jpg

The 3 new ones

pink.jpg

purple.jpg

peachvariegated.jpg

A shot of the daylilly bed before

daylillybed-2.jpg

Now

dlb1.jpg