Roll Farms - Herdstock is over, and I'm feeling hung over, lol

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
I have to grow up someday.

And 40 yr old women shouldn't run around topless. ;)
Well now ya tell me. :)

You should totally keep that thing! It looks so fun. Way more fun than my MOM-mobile.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Pearce Pastures said:
Roll farms said:

You should totally keep that thing! It looks so fun. Way more fun than my MOM-mobile.
x2!

Now, if we were talking about your 80th birthday then your DH might have an argument. But then my Grandma Emily is past that and she's still a fiesty girl who wouldn't mind driving around "topless". :lol:

Symphony

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:
Pearce Pastures said:
Roll farms said:

x2!

Now, if we were talking about your 80th birthday then your DH might have an argument. But then my Grandma Emily is past that and she's still a fiesty girl who wouldn't mind driving around "topless". :lol:
Cringe....shiver......:hide

redtailgal

Reaction score
Roll farms said:

:hide NOW you tell me.

SHEESH.........

(keep the mater)

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
:barnie

I swear I'ma kill my kid.

We've went from "I'm coming home ASAP for the summer on a bus." to "I'm coming home for the summer in a week or two in a car." to "I'll be there next weekend, but I dunno if it's for a few days or a week or..."

I was pondering going to the dr. and having my shoulder / elbow looked at while she's here to 'help', in case I end up on light duty for a few weeks. Guess that's out.

And.....while I love her and want to spend time w/ her...I'm not looking to put her AND her gf up for a week or two while I have tons of stuff going on....your own kid around is one thing....her gf would be like 'company', which you have to cook for and clean for, etc. It'd be even more work...and I wouldn't feel right 'ignoring' them to do what I need to get done.

:rant

I just sent her a long message explaining that she is making me crazy w/ this "I still don't know what's going on." stuff. She'll probably take it as rejection but I just want her to see our side of it. We can't plan anything b/c we don't know if / when / how she's coming, for how long, or anything.

UGH.

RPC

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Your DD and my older sister sound alot alike. My sister never knows when she is coming home or for how long and makes you stop everything you are doing waiting for her to come home so you can spend time and then will come 3 days later then planned and wonder why everyone has an attitude. She wants everyone to follow her rules, diet, and schedule while she is home also which no one does and then she gets mad and threatens to leave. After a few days you are just ready for her to follow threw, then she calms down and is fun to be with. I know what you mean about the GF being company, I never feel like I can just sit around or do what needs to be done with my sisters BF here. I try to be polite and include him but we have nothing in common and I really don't care much for the guy but I guess if she is happy that's what counts. Good luck and I hope it all works out, and that your DD's GF stays at home.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Daylilly bed is DONE. *whew*

DLbeddone.jpg

DH and I have been kicking around ideas for what to do w/ the 'jungle'....big flower bed out front that has just gone crazy and is overtaken by weeds and Obedient Plant...which is NOT obedient, btw.

I've seen lots of "living rooms" - outside areas using plants / trees for walls / ceilings....we're going to make on in this section of the bed, behind this bench. I think the bench will become the 'couch' once it's done.

room.jpg

Starting that tomorrow....actually, going to go through the entire bed (that pic just shows one small section) and dig out the plants I want to save, then have DH mow down the rest so I can obliterate it and start over.

I think one reason I enjoy gardening so much is you can PRETEND to have a little control over at least part of your life. :lol:

eta: I saw the preview of the 'story' about me that will be in the next Purina digital goat newsletter. I'll be doing autographs at herdstock. :lol:;):p

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Yesterday DH and his best friend Tater tore out our 2 - 6' chain link gates and put in 1 big 12' gate w/ a wheel.
The other gate was a real bear to open, it always wanted to buckle in the middle and dragged the ground. I dunno why, but he put it in at an angle.
Between that and the new door put in a few mos. ago and the cleaning I gave the siding, the 'old' barn looks pretty new again.

Today we attatched a cattle panel to it to discourage escape attempts, and then put the 'LGD warning' sign on and the wooden goats my friend made me a while back are mounted to the posts.

The girls wanted to help 'dad' w/ the sign.

610gate.jpg

Finished product

610barngate.jpg

Got everything watered....again.... We've eaten green onions, cucumbers, and peppers so far....waiting for the tomatoes to ripen.

gardenJune10.jpg

This is the "Jungle" flower garden. Getting a complete do over....'before'

junglefront.jpg

During - I dug out everything I wanted to keep today

jungle2.jpg

DH said it looked like an Elephant took a nap in it

Some of the bulbs I found / saved

610bulbs.jpg

We managed to take a nap today during the hottest / nastiest part of the day. We don't get to often, between our to-do list, company, and customers. What a treat!

Some other pics I took tonight.....

Young pullets we're raising - light brahmas, welsummers, and easter eggers

610chicks.jpg

LOVE me some Polish!

610Polish.jpg

Shot of Valentine and Dolly on their slide

ValentineandDolly610.jpg

I got a good pic of Bullitt's head today

610Bullitt.jpg

Reece's Cup and Feline, the Ob doelings

610obes.jpg

Tiger w/ them

610obs2.jpg

Hope everyone had a good / productive weekend!