Roll Farms - Herdstock is over, and I'm feeling hung over, lol

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Well we can mark our calendars....150 days from yesterday we'll have kids born. Chaos (Nubian) has FINALLY started acting bucky and breeding his women.

DH and I were getting sorta frustrated because Bullitt and Freeney are all over eachother and trying to breed does through the fence, 'what-what-whaaa' -ing everyone, rubbing all over us, just being 'bucks in rut' and we don't want to use them yet....but the buck we want to use now wasn't the least bit interested in ANY of his does.

:he

Yesterday morning I woke to his 'whaa-whaaaa's and he got Bambi (maiden yearling)...hoping for spots!

I've spent the last 2 days digging roots out of my 'living room' by hand. DH said yesterday he could probably use the bobcat to scrape up the roots in the front half of the bed....thank goodness b/c after 2 days I was juuust about ready to say "forget the front part of the bed" - it's in full sun and even worse than the shaded back part.

I was afraid if I left them, they'd eventually try to come up through the plastic / mulch and be a nightmare to dig out later....or make my floor crooked.

Tried again to talk him out of the pond yesterday. No dice. I need one more thing to take care of around here, :lol:

Think we're going to skip the benefit ride. Supposed to be 93 tomorrow and muggy. Won't be much fun stuck in a line of traffic in the blazing sun.
Probably just stay home and watch the superbowl.

Symphony

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You could have pond Lillies, and Cat tails all around the pond. Oooo, you could get Koi fish or just some Catfish for eating. LISTEN TO ME AND ALL WILL BE GOOD ROLL FARMS HUSBAND! :lol: :hide

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
Symphony said:
You could have pond Lillies, and Cat tails all around the pond. Oooo, you could get Koi fish or just some Catfish for eating. LISTEN TO ME AND ALL WILL BE GOOD ROLL FARMS HUSBAND! :lol: :hide
or put fish in it that you can eat :D

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
We have a 1/4 acre (little over, I think) pond w/ 'eating fish' in it....bass, blue gill, cats.

DH won't eat them. Makes anyone who fishes here catch and release. I guess he's so tight he doesn't ever want to have to buy more....

Yes, I know you're supposed to take some out or the little ones take over. It's pretty much happened. But you can't tell HIM that.

I may get a lilly or two but cattails are the bane of my existence. I fight them around the 'big' pond every year.

Came in to eat lunch and I don't wanna go back out. *whine* :p

I did have a little fun, used the gator to pull a couple lilac stumps. DH said it wouldn't work, he'd have to use the bobcat.

I just LOVE to prove that man wrong. ;)

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
We have a 1/4 acre (little over, I think) pond w/ 'eating fish' in it....bass, blue gill, cats.

DH won't eat them. Makes anyone who fishes here catch and release. I guess he's so tight he doesn't ever want to have to buy more....

Yes, I know you're supposed to take some out or the little ones take over. It's pretty much happened. But you can't tell HIM that.

I may get a lilly or two but cattails are the bane of my existence. I fight them around the 'big' pond every year.

I did have a little fun, used the gator to pull a couple lilac stumps. DH said it wouldn't work, he'd have to use the bobcat.

if I was there I would be helping. I know have a to do list for Herdstock I am almost positive that I am going even if I

Symphony

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Roll farms said:

Will Goats eat Cat tail?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Symphony said:
Will Goats eat Cat tail?
Yes, they certainly will. Mine absolutely LOVE them. The trick is that they have to be able to reach them from shore and not get their feet wet :p

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
DH got off early, then we went and got feed after I zipped through housework.
Took the night off to go fishin' w/ our friends' daughter. It was fun. And nice not working til dark.

Going to Menard's tomorrow to check out lattice and pond accessories.

Did I mention I HATE projects???

STILL no measurable rain, and none forecasted. :(