Rough day....Doodle update, page 7

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Yup. :) :hugs

Hillary's still wobbly, but by golly she survived nights down to -20 w/ the wind chill...and is still willing to eat / fight me at med times, so I'm more hopeful.

Waiting for it to warm up a bit to do some work on Doodle's udder. Can't operate when my hands are frozen.

The cavy's healing well.

The poopy kid has cleared up.

*heavy sigh of relief*

scrambledmess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh my! I work several days in a row and can't get on here and I miss all this. I only met Doodle a few times and you know I fell in love with her. This almost has me in tears too. I hope it all get cleared up and they can remove it so she can rejoin her herd!

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sounds like the kid is ok and the cavy healing. How is Doodle and Hillary doing? Never easy to have sick ones.

kelsey2017

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Healing thoughts for all of you. Your doe Doodle will thank you, if she hasn't already, I think you made the best call. It was really based on what she was telling you, and you convey her as a special animal. Good wishes, Kels

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Doodle's fine...it's her udder that's sick.....she's never missed a beat, bless her heart. That's why I couldn't put her down.

Hillary.....has me (and the vet) stumped, still...but she's still w/ us.

kelsey2017

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Having nursed two kids and used a pump for the other two kids myself I can deeply sympathize with an ouchy udder, but I wouldn't have still been sweet. Bless her little heart. I hope Hilary is better soon, as well.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
first off, this sucks really bad.. sorry its all happening. :(
second, here`s what im thing w re: to doodle`s udder... CL is really only the horrible thing it is because its in the lymphadic system, because the lymphadic system walls itself off.. its not as if the bacterium itself has much to do with the overall condition of CL being such a pita.. having said that, it seems to me that having CL *bacteria* in a chamber of the udder...exposed...right there in front of ya...isnt nearly the same animal as `traditional` CL.. seems to me this is most likely locally treatable..

now, having said all that, i happen to know that erythromycin reaches WAY HIGH levels in milk, which means a shot of it runs directly through the udder.. dairy cattlemen use it for strep ag mastitis foe that very reason.. just sayin...its not walled off, which means its exposed, which *should* make it accessible to regular antibiotics.

make sense??

hope so, cause i just posted this fro my phone and my thumbs are crampy. :lol: