Rough day....Doodle update, page 7

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I too am sorry to hear of your troubles. It's always something isn't it ? I am a newbie, don't even have goats yet, but maybe very soon. I don't know what CL is? Something bad I'd guess. I have never heard of removing an udder, is that possible? So, that doe would never produce milk again? An abcess is a terrible thing, I remember having one in my breast after the birth of my last child, and yourlittle goat still producing milk from one side is just like I was, still nursing my baby from the unaffected side. I hope she gets better soon for you.

cstafford93514@yahoo.com

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hey Rolls,
Nothing to say really, just want you to know I am praying for comfort for you as you walk through this difficult time.
Blessings,
Carol :hugs

warthog

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am so sorry, hope today will be better for you. Thinking of you :hugs

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are going thru so much. Crossing fingers for the little one with the udder issue! Never had that done with a goat bit I did have to have breast cancer surgery (breast removal) done on one of my dogs around age 6 and she did very well after and lived a full life until age 16.

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
hope things go well, we always hope for a uneventful season, and it seems it never fails that a doe or baby gets sick. so sorry:hugs

RoeDylanda

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Roll, I'm so sorry to read about Doodle and your other troubles. Your affection for your animals and your obvious skill with them is one of the things I love on this board. I hope things improve for you soon.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

No real earth-shattering updates....Doodle's still meeting me at the door of her isolation room for love and chin scratches, the cavy's healing, Hillary's still w/ us but not showing any real improvement (but the fact that she's still here is great news...I worried all day at work) and the kid's poops are solid.

I really do appreciate the support. I know you guys "get it"...:hugs

jlbpooh

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That is good to hear that things are slowly improving.

I know what you mean about "get it". I work in a "professional" environment, so when we had a duckling that took a turn for the worse a few weeks ago, I couldn't take a day off because they wouldn't have understood. Thankfully my neighbor volunteered to hand feed and water the duckling every 30 minutes for me two days in a row, and I got up multiple times during the nights to feed her too. The little bugger pulled through and did great for another week and a half, but then we found her in the same manner again, head turned back and very weak. She didn't make it the second time. We don't know what happened, because she was in the house, and five minutes earlier she was just fine.

I am so glad you are going to keep your Doodle, and help her live out a happy life. This next comment isn't directed towards ANYONE on this board, but I have met WAY too many people in real life that think that animals are just disposable things that can just be thrown away if they develop any issues or disabilities. We have several of our birds that got injured (a guinea met a fox and has a bad limp even 2 years later), went blind (a guinea), didn't hatch right but ended up being OK, etc., we just provide them with love, so rehabilitation, and a nice place to live. Too many other people would have just left them to die.

Here are some {{{HUGS}}} and hopes that things continue to improve for you.