sad update to doe with diarreah

Chirpy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am so sorry.. that would be just awful. I certainly hope you are able to figure out what happened and that your other goats will be ok.

Matthew3590

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I am really sorry to hear that your goat died. Mine doesn't have too much longer left either. I might word this wrong but how do you properly dispose of them? Do you bury them, cremate, or what? Is there someone who will take it? Mainly because I have an older goat (8) and just want to know what to do when she passes on. I am afraid of burring because of possible disease.

rebelINny

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Around here we are told not to get rid of it ourselves by burrying or taking it way out in the woods or such. We were told we are supposed to bag them up and take them to the dump. How horrible is that?

treeclimber233

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Around here we take them to the landfill. When I had to put my horse down we called and let them know so they could dig a hole for her. I envisioned a hole off to the side (kinda like a grassy meadow) but my husband later told me they dug a hole in the dump and covered her with trash. Depressing I know but I figure she was already "asleep" and did not know. As long as they have a good life with you, what happens after they die is not to be worried about.