Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe he was just upset because he hadn’t seen a turtle in a long time 😉

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Took Sentry to the vet. I collected urine this morning. I recommend taking a urine sample when something isn’t right, it gives the vet something else to analyze. In addition he had a blood test, ultrasound and fecal test.

Blood in his urine, he MIGHT have a stone in his bladder, not so bad that it means surgery, but medication first. Blood is ok and a huge load of hookworms. The vet felt real bad that he didn’t check him for worms a couple of months ago. He said it would certainly make him throw up and not eat. Before he loaded Sentry up with medications, he wants to get rid of the worms.

I came home with 4 cans of turkey dog food for upset stomach and a big bottle of Panacur which is Safeguard. It’s enough to treat all the dogs. Sentry also got his rabies shot.

Tomorrow I take Sheba and Buford for their rabies shot, next day, Carson.

Got home, Sentry is inside, in the crate. I let Carson in. Put Sheba and Buford in the front yard, they are under the porch.

Cooper and girls are in the field, ewes and lambs are in the yard. I need to go outside in a little while and scrub buckets and give sheep fresh water.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
You've got a plan of attack now! YES and on the path. Give him an extra ear rubbin' for me.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, poor sweet baby…… that HATES this worm medicine, fought like a tiger and spit half of it out. I had a holt of his lower jaw, dunno know why he didn’t bite me. If I was my dog, I’d bite me over this stuff.

Then on to Sheba, straddled her, pried open her mouth and pumped it in.

Buford, I put a leash on him, straddled him, fought him, he’s 100 pounds of muscle and not going to swallow this terrible stuff!

After torture was over, I apologized and hugged and petted them.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
The 2nd day Birdie was on that anxiety med she sniffed the meat ball and said NOPE! I tried to entice her and then - out of habit - just opened her mouth and poked it down. Then we stood there looking at each other - her face saying I can't BELIEVE you just did that! and me thinking .. I just pried open the mouth of a dog I'm JUST getting to know and stuck my hand in there...
eek7[1].gif
stupid. Necessary.. but still kinda stupid.

I'm glad you were able to get the worm meds in. Is it a 1x thing or are you going to have to battle for several days?