Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hitched the flatbed trailer this morning. Met the hay guy, he put one in the back of my truck, I paid for 21 bales, made bill of sale, for 20 to be picked up in a couple of weeks. Then I did grocery shopping. Went to McCoys for 11 treated 2x6x20 for new trailer floor. Went home about noon. Time to put Sheba and Buford in the front yard! I didn’t see them again until after 6 when I got off the tractor.

Put away groceries. Went to drop trailer and unload hay. Dropped tailgate, backed up fast, stomped brakes, bale rolled out.

IMG_4692.jpeg

It’s nice hay, net wrapped. I wanted it in the shed so I can take hay to the horse, instead of giving her the whole bale. I tried to pick it up with my tractor. I wrapped a chain around the bale and hooked to the bucket.

IMG_4693.jpeg

Marigold tried, she really did, but just didn’t have enough horsepower to pick it up. The front end came up, but not the whole thing. I put the chains away. Can’t pick it up, so I pushed it. I got it where I wanted it. LOL

Then I decided to mow down some goat weed. And some more, those little ones over there, the grass that got tall and tough so the sheep wouldn’t eat it, and finally stopped after 6 to do chores. I mowed 3/4 of the middle field. Sheep are on dry lot. I mowed around a few patches of thorny Carolina horse nettle. I’m going to spray it.

I was hot, tired, coated in dust and dirt and sore from tractor bouncing over ant mounds and crawfish mounds. Did chores and took a shower. It’s been a productive day.

@Ridgetop Cooper bred P16 today!
On 7-12 he bred P15, hasn’t bred Cleo yet.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
BJ and I stopped for BBQ one time and on the menu was Redneck Nachos. Homemade potato chips, chopped BBQ, chopped onions, jalapeños and ranch dressing. I ordered it and ate every bite!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score