Shyanne's Kidding Thread - UPDATE - Added Videos and Pictues pg. 4

marlowmanor

Reaction score
I'm no expert but her ligs look gone in that last picture. Hopefully your next update will be that she had her kid(s). :fl Her bag looks pretty Boom-ish too.

SarahFair

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Im about 99% shes in labor.. Ill try and take some video of contractions and the birth but my phones battery wont hold a charge

SarahFair

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We have babies!

2 does :D
As of now she hasnt passed the after birth and the first was dropped about 50 minutes ago.
They sare SO small I knew it wasnt going to be a single. Honestly Im surprised there isnt a 3rd they are so small

I got video of contractions and both kiddings.

Once they get dried off Ill try to post everything

SarahFair

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Okay here is the videos, pictures, and story of how it all went down.
It was VERY windy yesterday so excuse the noise on the film.

Her contractions were very visible and very frequent. She was very very vocal throughout the morning and in the early afternoon. Really she was only vocal when I wasnt out there with her.
Contractions

You could tell when a contraction was coming on because she would suddenly go from standing to uneasy and pacing around, then she would try and have her front end stand tall her than her back end.
When the contractions became close together she basically gave up fighting them and just laid down. She would throw her head up on the wall and just wait them out that way.
offcontraction.jpg

Her udder never got really large and shiny like you hear about and see pictures. Here it is 30 minutes before she kid
30minbefore.jpg

Then she started pushing. First it was little pushes, but there was no fluid, goo, nothing. I thought maybe they were just uncomfortable adjustment pushes (if those exist :rolleyes:)
She moved from outside the "barn" to the stall and put herself up against the wall (youll see me pull her off the wall in the video).
The first bit of fluid to come out was pure blood. At first I was taken back by it but hoped for the best
IMG_20120423_144922.jpg
IMG_20120423_144715.jpg

Then came this white, very sticky, sort of dry like substance. This is when I started to worry a little. I was hearing odd gurgling from back there
IMG_20120423_145625.jpg

She struggled with this for a few good hard pushes. Grunting, some baaing, some rocking.. Finally all my worried passed when I saw the "goo sac"
IMG_20120423_145949.jpg

About 5 minutes after this appeared she started pushing out the first kid. Here are the shortened video of both births
Shyanne Kidding Twins

I knew it was more than a single birth. The first baby was really small
IMG_20120423_150501.jpg

IMG_20120423_150451.jpg

The second one came about 5 minutes later
IMG_20120423_151445.jpg

IMG_20120423_151440.jpg

I dont have any dried pictures yet. My phone is charging now and I since I had neglected all my chores to be with Shyanne yesterday I had to make up for them after the birth.
Ill go out and check on them once it warms up, but what I can see from the window they are just fine and very active

Shyanne seemed to be over the moon :)

Tmaxson

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Love all the pictures and the video. Really appreciate seeing all the different scenarios so that if things like the blood happens to me I'll know not to panic.

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
That was amazing! Thank you so much for posting the video! It is so much more real that way! Congrats!!!

Latest posts