Southern's 2015 Kidding -Mini's off to new home

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
Beautiful babies!

How do you transition to bowl, have you posted about this before?

Isnt your other girl due soon? :pop

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not sure if I put pics up or not... I'll look and see.
If not I will ;) One of the breeders we had gotten some goats from, sadly we no longer have 2 of them, showed us how. I love it and I like how the animals turn out long term. We have other does from other breeders that do the smae method and it is hard to explain but their temperaments and loving nature is something of a dream.

Yes,
Trouble bred to Percy
8/14/14
again on 8/20
Good breeding!
Day 150
Jan 11th
17th(2nd breeding)

She seemed to recycle so we did the repeat a week later. We kinda have a larger window. Checking her daily and my daughter is really good at ligs... me -not so much- :p I go by what she says.

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thats awesome, i would love to see the method.

So shes in her 10 day period no natter what really

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, she falls into the long range. :rolleyes: Very rare we have one that will cycle a few days after being bred but it is all good. Her udder is looking great and I am pretty excited.

Next feeding I will get some pics... have 1-2 but they aren't very good.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
So it looks like 2 are polled. :) All 3 have blue eyes.:) People love blue eyes. :hu The one buckling already had nubs, not poking through but wow. Usually our Nigie bucklings are slower than this with horn nubs but for whatever reason not the "red" guy.
He was sedated and given nerve block, disbudded... and home.
I shave their head with a #40 before we leave and call ahead so the iron is hot. Faster this way so we can get them home quick. This little guy took a LONG time to wake up. Never had one take so long. Of course he doesn't have momma waking him up either.
Finally up and screaming mad for his dinner!

Katie has adjusted and is milking great! She is producing way more than they are using right now which is good for me!:D I will be using the milk for the pups in another 10 days for a mash but I am selfish.
Katie has the best milk and I want it for myself... almost seems sinful to give it to dogs!:eek:

Trouble -the Mini-mancha looks like she is getting very close, starting to lose ligs and soften. Maybe tomorrow. :):fl

A doe we sold just kidded tonight!!!:celebrate She had twins, a doe and a buck! We are very happy for the family! She did great too. Her mom, aunt, sister and cousins have all kidded great with no assistance and are all great moms so we were happy to hear she followed suit! One of our bucks was sire to another one of their does and that doe had triplets! They are picking up one of our unrelated bucks in the next few weeks. They are going to have a full house! The only disappointment is they are not going to be able to milk her because of their work schedules. The doe has a beautiful udder attachment and beautiful teats! Nice long teats... a dream on a nigie!

Dreary weather here but I will get some pics soon! When the sun decides to show up. Expecting freezing rain/ice tonight. UGH!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
@luvmypets thank you for the well wishes!
Goats milk can be delicious or absolutely gross! :sick

There are certain breeds that are known for bad tasting milk, others for great milk. Taste of milk can be affected by whether a buck is in with lactating goats, diet, and handling of milk.

Recently we were given some Truffles made from Saanen Goats milk... :sick :sick :sick had to spit it out in the trash. My first thought was "no wonder so many people say they have tried goats milk and didn't like it." If any of my goats milk/cheese etc tasted like that I would get rid of all my goats!
The bad thing about it is if someone has tried nasty tasting goats milk they are reluctant to ever try it again.