Southern's 2015 Kidding -Mini's off to new home

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice that isn't the norm for Saanens so there was something else going on there. If you want a goat that will most likely out produce any other Sannens are the go to gal. Their milk is low in butterfat but typically the flavor is fine. Toggs on the other hand are known for their strong flavored milk.

It could have been the culture they used in the cheese, they could have been at the end of their shelf life, or it could have been bad milk handling.

I don't own Saanens as I like color in my goats but they do make awesome dairy animals.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice that isn't the norm for Saanens so there was something else going on there. If you want a goat that will most likely out produce any other Sannens are the go to gal. Their milk is low in butterfat but typically the flavor is fine. Toggs on the other hand are known for their strong flavored milk.

It could have been the culture they used in the cheese, they could have been at the end of their shelf life, or it could have been bad milk handling.

I don't own Saanens as I like color in my goats but they do make awesome dairy animals.

Ok so don't hate me but so far all the Saanen "products" I have had are goatie tasting... these were just disgusting! Maybe it is the other factors... Maybe I am just use to Nigie and Lamancha milk.:hu

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Trouble is in Labor.:weee

Ligs were gone this afternoon and I just went to check her. She was lying down... I snuck a tail peak...:eek: yep white goop! :)
In a kidding pen eating alfalfa hay! :rolleyes:

I think she'll go pretty quick.