Squirrelgirl88 - Double G Farm

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I could give up my television and probably my phone, but I WILL NOT give up indoor plumbing, hot water, air conditioning, and my internet.

It's not the modern conveniences that are the problem. The work ethic and the pride of taking care of your self and your family is what is missing these days. I love that in the summer everyone that comes to my house leaves with eggs, and fresh veggies from the garden. The kids get to experience a little nature, and learn a little something new everytime they come.

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have lettuce, beets, radishes, turnips, peas, onions and two kinds of potatoes coming up in my garden. And it's cold again - grrrrrr. I hope we can escape another frost, but I can't possibly cover everything. Around here the weather man says May 15th is the safe day to start planting. But as crazy as the weather has been who knows what is coming next.

Apparantly Mother Nature has lost her calendar and has her seasons confused.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Yeah, Mother Nature has gone a little crazy around here. I'm not planting anything until after May 15th with these crazy swings!

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, the hall is decorated, my dress is pressed, the cake will be delivered in the morning, I think everything is ready. Wedding day tomorrow!

T - 20 hours and counting.

I may throw up.............................................

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Congrats....Best Wishes......Hope your day is beautiful and you life is wonderful.

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok we made it. No disasters, no brawls. :) It was very sweet while we were saying our vows DD stood next to me with tears running down her face. I about lost it. We'll have our pics back in a few weeks and I'll post a few so all can see.

Our goats were the talk of the ceremony. I had a whole table decorated with pictures of our pets and mementos of our lives, and the two pictures of our goats got people talking. I also had little goat figures standing on one of the cakes like they were eating the flowers. :p

Now Monday comes around and real life starts again, back to work. New chicks this week - I'll post pics of the fuzzy butts soon!

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Congrats on your wedding! :thumbsup Any wedding with goats on a cake had to be beautiful :p