Squirrelgirl88 - Double G Farm

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The doe that's in heat is "playing" with him, rearing up, head butting etc. Her sister is being mean. She is chasing him around. Poor little guy. Driven across town and dumped off at a strange place only to be chased and tease by a couple of sisters. He'll be traumatized. :/

If I had a way to seperate them I would, but our second pasture does not have a shelter. As soon as the second doe goes into heat I assume she'll be less mean to him. She just wants him to know who's calling the shots.

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Holy &$^# - the noise from the barn sent DH running to see who was being eaten by dragons. Turns out Lucy and her boyfriend made up, and well you know........... Not one of the dozens of books I read could have made me ready for the noises coming from our Doe. So it is safe to say at least one of our does will be having babies in November.

I'm glad we only have to do this once a year. :/

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
E I E I O-M-G

I have 4 adult hens, one rooster. NOW- we have 2 five week old buckeye chicks - that I ordered on purpose - in a kidding stall in the barn waiting to be integrated.

I also have 4 week old Golden Comet chicks that a well meaning relative bought us - WITHOUT ASKING - and brought to us this week - SURPRISE :rant They are in a seperate kidding stall because I don't know ANYTHING about them. OK, I'm sure they are chickens, but that's it. He gave us 8 - I rehomed 6. :he If this relative shows up again I'm firing a warning shot over his head! Some wedding present - poultry.

I ALSO have 2 five day old buckeye chicks in my kitchen - I ordered those too - one from the first batch died so I ordered 3 more. One of those died this morning. So once again I have only 2. I'm done with chicks. Unless I get a broody hen I'm not doing this again.

Goats - well the buck managed to woo one of the does and we're sure he suceeded. He's staying til he wins over the other doe and she comes back into heat. In the mean time he tried to woo me this evening. Peed all over his face and then tried to give me kisses. :sick

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Thinking about you and hoping you have a way to stay cool during this hot week. It looks like your area is gonna be without power through 7/8 according to the latest updates. :(

I hope you have good updates when you're back online.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
elevan said:
Thinking about you and hoping you have a way to stay cool during this hot week. It looks like your area is gonna be without power through 7/8 according to the latest updates. :(

I hope you have good updates when you're back online.
:hugs

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We just got our power back - 8 days. We did get a LOT of tree damage, but nothing hit the house or the barn. The goats are happy to clear the leaves and twigs for us.

In the middle of the power outage our older dog got a bladder infection and peed everywhere. I couldn't scrub the carpet or do laundry. My house is NOT pretty right now. Never mind the huge vet bill for her treatment and meds.

On today's agenda, laundry, vacuuming, and the grocery - we lost all of our food with the power outage. Then tomorrow when the house had cooled down I must shampoo all carpets.

I've missed reading the journals and laughing at the animal antics. Maybe tonight I can catch up and read a few. I hope everyone else faired well in these storms.

I'm looking forward to a good nights sleep in a clean bed in a room that is cooler than 85 degrees!

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
:celebrate I am glad that you are back. I hope your dog is doing much better now. You will get your house in ship shape in no time. I missed reading your journal too