Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just an fyi - I got stung by a wasp a few years ago. After like 2 days I went to urgent care - the swelling, though not like yours, continued to expand.
I ended up on IV antibiotics for 5 days. They told me if I’d waited another day they would have hospitalized me.
Be careful out there.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We went to town to take care of a few things and timed it so that we were getting there at lunch time. We stopped at a little restaurant called Rusty Spur that has a good variety and it's always good. I rarely buy BBQ or smoked meats anywhere since I have found it where I would rather eat my own. This place is the exception and they have smoked chicken that is as good as it gets but the serving was so big that half of it came home.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just an fyi - I got stung by a wasp a few years ago. After like 2 days I went to urgent care - the swelling, though not like yours, continued to expand.
I ended up on IV antibiotics for 5 days. They told me if I’d waited another day they would have hospitalized me.
Be careful out there.
A friend was at a music festival a few summers ago and walked through one of those clouds of gnats. She said that she could feel something biting her waist & figured that some had gotten in her shirt. The next day she had quarter sized whelps and a spreading red rash. She also ended up at the ER and was admitted for several days on IV antibiotics!!!

... having been nearly eaten alive by gnats, mosquitoes and no-see-ums my entire childhood... gotta wonder what's new & different about the bugs today????? Or has something changed in us???

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
having been nearly eaten alive by gnats, mosquitoes and no-see-ums my entire childhood... gotta wonder what's new & different about the bugs today????? Or has something changed in us???
Wow. You’re right. I usually think of things like that! Growing up in the Midwest I always had bites - mosquitoes, chiggers, no seeums, ants - they all loved me 😳. But never had a bad reaction just itched.
The things that make you go hmm 🤔

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
... having been nearly eaten alive by gnats, mosquitoes and no-see-ums my entire childhood... gotta wonder what's new & different about the bugs today????? Or has something changed in us???
GMO and round up ready crops. The insects are turning into super insects and are resistant to poisons. Dirty little secret, look it up. That is if you can get past the 447 pages of glowing reports of round up and GMOs

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
having been nearly eaten alive by gnats, mosquitoes and no-see-ums my entire childhood...
Hate the clouds of no-see-ums. If you are tasty to mosquitos, take daily Vitamin B. For some reason daily doses of Vitamin B seems to make you less desirable to mosquitoes. Works for fleas too.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
GMO and round up ready crops. The insects are turning into super insects and are resistant to poisons. Dirty little secret, look it up. That is if you can get past the 447 pages of glowing reports of round up and GMOs
I totally believe that. People just don't "get it". Ya' know -- as a kid I always listened to the Farm Report (Orion Samuelson) and for the life of me I could not understand why Monsanto was the main sponsor/advertiser/whatever. It just didn't make sense even when I was a kid -- Monsanto = chemicals, carpet, etc. Not food or seeds. I mean really was wasn't John Deere a big sponsor??! ? WHY didn't other people think the same?? Too busy to bother?? That was way way way long before computers let alone internet.