Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is amazing the power those rams have. We still have a 12' pipe horse corral panel that is completely bowed out due to a ram that wanted to kill the young ram in the next pen! And our 10' rodeo corral panel that a feeder was hanging on is no longer a 6 barred panel. They have removed several of the horizontal bars!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was on the receiving end of that ram power once and it was enough to make me keep my eyes open but that time was where he got his name and it fits.

We are way behind in registrations for the sheep. We have about a dozen ewes that we will be sending registeration papers on and a bunch that could be recorded but we need to take a better look to see if they should be.

We did finally finish separating the ewes and even moved two of the older ewes in with the bred ewes to give them more of a break. Our #5 girl is seven years old now and not back to the shape she should be but she has lambed twice in a year and a half so she gets a break. She is one of the last of our first year lambs so she can stay around. The fact that she always gives me cheek kisses is a plus. :)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Three of the sheep that we pulled fecals on need to be wormed so I'll bring the whole group back to the shop paddock tomorrow. That works out well since I haven't been able to entice Wendy's ram lamb back in so we will do that tomorrow. The lamb and Babs will be confined to the stall so that I can get him used to being handled and I will just cut and bag grass and feed them in the stall while I get him tamed down. Babs will come running every time I call but the lamb has figured out that it's fun to come into the stall and then take giant leaps running away and back to the fence where his momma is when I open the door. Oshi is with the other group and he needs worming so there will be a constant rotation for the next couple of days.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
This was a get a bunch of little things done mornings. We brought one group in and pulled fecals on two of the ewes and we had two lambs that needed their shots. One of the lambs wanted to make sure I got my exercise done so she was one of those that kept running from one end of the interior fence several times before I finally got her through the gate. I walked them back to their paddock then went and brought in the group with Oshi. Oshi was borderline on parasite load so we wanted to worm him.

One of the ewes had a slight limp so we worked on her hoof but it felt like her hoof gland needed a little rubbing and that got rid of her limp.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her sibling is just as bad. He hasn't been handled much and when Teresa got close to him to run him back to the stall, he freaked out and rammed the fence which was loose at the bottom. It was loose enough that he was able to get out and run all the way around the paddock looking for a way to get back with his Mom. We had Babs out there also so Teresa walked her up the hill so he could join up with her. He did follow Babs and I called her back into the chute with him following right behind her.