Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well no sooner than I posted the above, I looked out the window to see Cooper having a romantic liaison in the ewe pen with Ewenique! I got dressed, ram out there and he had squeezed his big self into the hay bale square. Evidently he was there for awhile because of droppings, before he figured out how to get out of there. The square is made up of half cow panels. The back side is a half panel, was tied with hay twine. That disappeared some time ago and the round bale is down to the end of the bale, giving Cooper a way in. The backside panel had a gap with the dividing lot panels making a T. So he squeezed himself through the other gap, to Paradise! Hahaha!

So now Cooper and Ewenique are in his pen. She was bred on August 9, but I guess it didn’t take. Now this puts her lambing in February, which I didn’t want. Oh well.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well no sooner than I posted the above, I looked out the window to see Cooper having a romantic liaison in the ewe pen with Ewenique! I got dressed, ram out there and he had squeezed his big self into the hay bale square. Evidently he was there for awhile because of droppings, before he figured out how to get out of there. The square is made up of half cow panels. The back side is a half panel, was tied with hay twine. That disappeared some time ago and the round bale is down to the end of the bale, giving Cooper a way in. The backside panel had a gap with the dividing lot panels making a T. So he squeezed himself through the other gap, to Paradise! Hahaha!

So now Cooper and Ewenique are in his pen. She was bred on August 9, but I guess it didn’t take. Now this puts her lambing in February, which I didn’t want. Oh well.
Sneaky little Romeo! Will Ewenique be ok? Is 9 old for a sheep?
One of the times Blossom got out was because she somehow squeezed between the spaces in a round bale ring that was nearly empty, then after hanging out in the hay for a while (couple of plops) came out through the space between the edge of the hay wagon and the tree the ring is chained to.
It's amazing how resourceful they can be!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's amazing how resourceful they can be!
And how good we are at reading their trail :lol: Sunday when we were out wine tasting the sheep got out of the corral (my fault) and toured around the barn driveway, played in the barn aisle, moved DH's gloves (that had to be the lambs - probably Smile) and then hung out and waited at the other corral gate to be let in. (I read their trail):lol:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had another session in teaching me how intelligent Great Pyrenees are this afternoon. Maisy has one hot spot on her hip that needs spraying meds on a couple of times a day for a few more days. She doesn't like it and will fight with me to get away from the sprayer so two days ago, I hid the sprayer and got her just as she was finishing her food. Today, I was sitting with her as she ate her feed and as she got almost done eating her food, she ran out of the shop and went out into the field. She had processed my actions happening at the end of her food bowl yesterday into getting something done that she didn't want to do.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Reading your mind, she was!🤣🥰

And I'm SO impressed with my crews escapes! Look at what Cooper had to process to get out. Your ewes are less interested in escape...but, my goatie girls are masterful at getting thru the tiniest spots. Now, try to get them thru a chute for meds or inspections -- NOT HAPPENING! 🤬