Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are only about a mile east of I-65 outside of Cornersville and for whatever reason, most of the storms stay just west of us.
I'm glad. It's similar for us where we are at on the lip of the ridge so I know what you're talking about(knock on wood and say a prayer et c). Weather here is very localized and some areas seem to break it up and get spared. 10 minutes to a half an hour from here not so much.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It looks like it's time to wear thermal pants for the next week or so as the morning temps will be down in the 20's.

The sheep don't seem to care as they are now getting grain at least once a day or twice if the grass is to wet for me to cut. Our native grass is putting on new growth so that is working well. I still have one paddock of five acres that hasn't been touched so I'm wondering if we are going to have to bring in any hay. We still have it available if needed so all is good.

I love working with our sheep and it is always a learning experience. Our ram (Oshie) has been a fascinating learning experience for me even though he is getting amazingly easy to handle. He hurt me bad enough the one time that he got me that I will remain aware but he is starting to respond in the same way that all of our rams have. He keeps an eye on my pocket (where the crackers are) and nothing else seems to matter. :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes on sale! I scrolled down the page and rib eye steaks are $3 higher per pound. I just might have to go over there.

IMG_5493.png