Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cooper has been a little rambunctious lately. He looks at my granddaughters like they are not big people and maybe he can take them down. I won’t let them in his field unless I am with them, and I keep a close eye on him. I put him up so they can play with dogs in his field. BUT the youngest pushes the limits, and I taught her to be mindful, pop his nose if necessary. He decided to behave. Cooper does love being combed.

IMG_6114.jpeg

Then I taught her that when you STOP doing something a ram LIKES, he’s gonna follow you for more. Being a ram, his hangy down parts are bigger than his brain, so don’t turn your back and watch him. Good lesson for a kid.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Like every winter since we have owned our place, we have had mild weather enough to get the grass growing and then we will have a hard freeze. That continues this year as our forecast is for it to get down to 22 tonight. We plan on it since our firm last frost date is April 13. For our garden items, I plan on May 1st to get started.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are supposed to get down to mid 20's also, but the wind chill can go down as far as the teens... It was 37 this morning, and it started with a breeze and got to just plain windy and raw out there by 5 when I went up to feed calves. Our last frost date is May 10th, but we have also gotten frosts closer to Memorial day several times.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I lost my Uncle last week. He and I have been more like brothers for all of my life and it was hard watching him pass. He was 13 years older than me and I am 73 but he had a good life and was ready to pass. He had been going down for the last several months and didn't want anyone hanging around watching him going so I wasn't there. His daughter had moved in with them several years ago at my Aunts request. She literally gave up her life to tend to her parents last years. She is my cousin, but she is more my sister and we will help all we can. I was there for my Aunt passing a couple of years ago but she was one that you could not have kept me away.