Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss Mike. It will be a loss for you in spite of his age and health. One thing about aging is that we start losing a lot of our family and friends.
Yes. That is one of those things you can't get used to but come to accept. My high school class was fairly small (33) and we are down to 6 but Viet Nam accounted for many of those. I have lost track of how many funerals I have been to for comrades that I served with in the Navy and none of us are getting any younger. :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m sorry about your uncle. He had a good long life, but all things come to an end. We don’t like it and don’t want to let them go, but it’s not our decision.

I like my younger years when I had grandparents, great aunts and great uncles, my brother, parents and the surrounding family. Now I am the old generation and I must step up to make memories for the generations that come after me.

Reminds me of a funny story. Mt grandmother was turning 90, and wanted a big party, with men in suits and women wearing dresses. She called my mother 27 times daily double and triple checking the Big Day arrangements. Drove my mom nuts. Finally the Big Day arrived and I was sent to go pick up the Birthday Gal. As I got her in the car, she remarked, “I don’t know why your mother is making such a big deal over my birthday, all MY friends are DEAD!”

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I lost my Uncle last week. He and I have been more like brothers for all of my life and it was hard watching him pass. He was 13 years older than me and I am 73 but he had a good life and was ready to pass. He had been going down for the last several months and didn't want anyone hanging around watching him going so I wasn't there. His daughter had moved in with them several years ago at my Aunts request. She literally gave up her life to tend to her parents last years. She is my cousin, but she is more my sister and we will help all we can. I was there for my Aunt passing a couple of years ago but she was one that you could not have kept me away.
So sorry for your loss. I wanted to hit sad, but that post is so full of love, so I hit the 😍 instead. :hugs
I’m sorry about your uncle. He had a good long life, but all things come to an end. We don’t like it and don’t want to let them go, but it’s not our decision.

I like my younger years when I had grandparents, great aunts and great uncles, my brother, parents and the surrounding family. Now I am the old generation and I must step up to make memories for the generations that come after me.

Reminds me of a funny story. Mt grandmother was turning 90, and wanted a big party, with men in suits and women wearing dresses. She called my mother 27 times daily double and triple checking the Big Day arrangements. Drove my mom nuts. Finally the Big Day arrived and I was sent to go pick up the Birthday Gal. As I got her in the car, she remarked, “I don’t know why your mother is making such a big deal over my birthday, all MY friends are DEAD!”
And yeah, I wanted to put 😍 and 😂 here!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how the ram lamb that we have with Shadow turns out. He is 3 1/2 months old and is showing zero aggression traits that usually starts about this age. He tolerates total handling and has since day 2 of being with the bottle lamb and it would appear that being with Shadow has made him more tolerant than a sheep normally would be. We will see how he continues but this might be another Ringo. Of course Oshi is his sire but our #44 ewe is his dam who is a Ringo daughter. She has needed worming once in 4 years and has the perfect Katahdin confirmation. We have a couple that are coming in a few weeks that wants a starter flock of three ewes and one ram so this might be a perfect choice.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The forecast by the weather guessers was for rain all day but since it didn't start in the morning I cut and bagged a bunch of grass for the sheep. The grass is growing now but I have a couple of acres outside the fence that needs to be cut anyway and I prefer to bag it and give to the sheep and save the hay bales.

Teresa took some nice pictures of the lambs this afternoon, so I'll post those hopefully tomorrow.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some "just because" pictures as they are all so cute and look so good.

Attachments

• Lambs Mar 2024 (2).jpg
    Lambs Mar 2024 (2).jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Lambs Mar 2024.jpg
    Lambs Mar 2024.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 47