Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need to put some lime on several of our paddocks and getting the big trucks in from the CO-OP isn't going to happen. I decided to do it by the bag and as we were talking to the manager at our county store he told us we can get it by the bag for a considerable discount if we buy it by the pallet. Buying individual bags is $4.40 a bag. That same bag goes for $2.69 if you buy the whole pallet so we will be putting lime down this week.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too bad ya don't have a 4-wheeler, then ya could mount a throw on it and do it much easier....I wouldn't think it would be enough lime and fertilizer to fill a pull behind trailer for just 2 acres.....you'll be almost in a constant turn with the length of the truck and trailer connected and the coverage would be spotty and uneven.....may save some $$ just bagging it and use a walk behind spreader....ya are spry enough to handle it....:)

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
My cousin called this morning and asked if I wanted to meet him in south Arkansas for a bit of fishing in March. I lived with them from the time I was 13 so he is more like a brother than cousin. He rents a cabin for a month down there so it's a good time to reconnect for a few days and do something not sheep related plus it gives me some 'farm' vacation time. :)
My BIL did that for YEARS, at a Cotton Lake in West MN, with his college buddies. Last Fall was the first year they didn’t do it. One had died, and the travel and heavy drinking got to be too much, for their aging bodies. :old :lol:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
My hills are to steep for the rental trailers. I rented one of their sprayers once and was only able to use it on half of our place. It pulled just fine going up or down hill but you could tell it was going to tip if I didn't choose the right spot to turn. I have a spreader that I can pull behind the mower or the Ranger that holds 100 pounds of product (or seed). It's actually easier to control behind the mower and you can better see where it's being spread.