Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
You would think that would be the case Fred but everyone around us has to put down lime. The first time we had the CO-OP put it out they used almost 9 tons to get the PH where it needed to be. At first we had very little edible vegetation and you have seen what we have now. The two north paddocks got the least because they were so wet
Powder or fine crushed?
Everyone uses fine crush or a pellet lime here, and it weighs over 1 ton per cubic yard and a yard don't go very far.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Powder or fine crushed?
Everyone uses fine crush or a pellet lime here, and it weighs over 1 ton per cubic yard and a yard don't go very far.

They put out the fine crush here. It has been three years but soil test now shows it not to far off from where it needs to be. We are going to buy a pallet full and put some more out this week but I'm going to put out the pellet.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We (I should say Teresa) ran fecals on 12 of the yearling ewes this afternoon. All are looking good and even our problem child ewe is showing super results. I think that since she hasn't been with us that long, her immune system wasn't adjusted to our conditions but her parasite egg count was really low.

Dee Mini Pigs

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hey would like you to know, I must not be getting the same, website as you guys, I clicked on my screen name and nope no ‘conversation ‘ thing comes up? I am asking Bay about tech stuff with BYH .we are enduring raining weather has been on since forever! Three full weeks, and flooding here in Queensland , you can google Townsville flooding and see it.Are you guys good? We are having major weather and flood, just keeps pouring, but my animals are okay, thanks for your reply. Always thinking of you guys, born Australian but still think I should of been born American. Love Dee.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey would like you to know, I must not be getting the same, website as you guys, I clicked on my screen name and nope no ‘conversation ‘ thing comes up? I am asking Bay about tech stuff with BYH .we are enduring raining weather has been on since forever! Three full weeks, and flooding here in Queensland , you can google Townsville flooding and see it.Are you guys good? We are having major weather and flood, just keeps pouring, but my animals are okay, thanks for your reply. Always thinking of you guys, born Australian but still think I should of been born American. Love Dee.
You don't click on your own name....you are supposed to click on the screen name of the person you want to have the conversation with. In the picture below, I clicked on your username and the box popped up as shown:
conversation.jpg

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you think it was the pasture treatments that aided in the reduction?....or have other changes had an affect too?

We have done so many things I wouldn't even try to come up with a viable conclusion. It could even be the farm this ewe came from. They had been on a dry lot and then when we put her in a pasture situation, her immune system was more than likely in shock. :)

We also ran fecal samples on three of the ewes that had high egg counts before but they have been on the paddock with the cows and they were down lower than ever.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You don't click on your own name....you are supposed to click on the screen name of the person you want to have the conversation with. In the picture below, I clicked on your username and the box popped up as shown:
You can also hover over the "inbox" at the top of each page (between your screen name and 'alerts'. 'Start a conversation' is one of the options.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
e are enduring raining weather has been on since forever! Three full weeks, and flooding here in Queensland , you can google Townsville flooding and see it.Are you guys good? We are having major weather and flood, just keeps pouring, but my animals are okay, thanks for your reply.
I can empathize with you regarding flooding. Been thru it quite often but not disastrously so.
Much of the USA has had an exceptionally wet fall and winter so far, but flooding has been minimal as far as I can tell. But, for many, mud is the rule and not exception and spring rains are right around the corner. :he

A video I saw said Townesville had received 1012 mm of rain (39.8")
That is depressing to think about.
Is it monsoon season there?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We (I should say Teresa) ran fecals on 12 of the yearling ewes this afternoon. All are looking good and even our problem child ewe is showing super results. I think that since she hasn't been with us that long, her immune system wasn't adjusted to our conditions but her parasite egg count was really low.
That is awesome, especially your problem child ewe.