Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't get mad. I know the manager at the electric CO-OP and the crew will be talked to. I just want to make sure these guys know that not everyone that has these dogs makes much effort at making them NOT be people aggressive.

Good for you, you have much more patience for ignorant people than I do.....ther are many things I am very patient about...but plain old stupid isn't one of them :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can't fix stupid. Unfortunately...….they breed more...….

We have a pipeline that cuts through our property. They send out contractor crews twice a year to mow, but they don't give them a company key to the lock on the gate. In the fall, I was outside when they came and mowed the tiny piece that is on the road before going into our property. I ran to let them in to mow the pipeline, sure saved me from doing it!

I have worried about the dogs being on the pipeline pasture when a crew comes out, but so far, it's been ok.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We brought the 8 ewes with their lambs in and pulled fecal samples on all of them and gave them a drench of garlic concentrate. We put some Backstrap Molasses in the mix and they don't mind it too much. They have been handled so much this winter that when I called them up I opened the guillotine gate in the crowd pen and they just walked right in.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have been wanting to move all of the alfalfa we have stored in our old stock trailer we had it stored in and up to the hay barn before the wasps get active so that got done today. It was a nice day for it as the sun was shining and it was in the 50's. I didn't think about putting on a face mask to avoid all of the grass and dust until I was down to the last three bales.

Teresa had finished doing the fecals on 4 of the 8 fecal samples we pulled. Three of the samples had zero eggs and one had 3 instead of the 100's we had been seeing back in the summer. One of the three with zero eggs did get a dose of wormer last month but the other two only got garlic and diatomaceous earth with their feed.

We have an appointment with the accountant to get our taxes started tomorrow.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had one of our ewes that still had a high fecal count but she hasn't been wormed in over a year and a half. She had two 9 pound twins and has a high egg count so we decided to give her some wormer when we called them in but didn't want to push them into the catch pen. She is the twin of the one we called Wild Thang and although she is finally calming down, as soon as she saw me sidling up beside her she knew I was going to try and catch her. :)

I had our short shepherds crook and as soon as she felt it under her chin, she just kind of stood there and let me put my arm around her so Teresa could give her the drench. I am always glad that we are so hands on with these girls.