Thanks for letting me join. Looking forward to learning a lot here. This is me and my girls.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcomeWelcome from the Shenandoah Valley area in western Va. I am a transplanted yankee :hide🤫🤫 originally from CT 40+ years ago....

Pigs do a great job of cleaning up a garden area... used to use them both in CT and at my previous place to till and eat all the left over stuff, and add some good manure back. Raised the best cantaloupes I ever had in a garden that had housed pigs the fall previously.

Please go to your name top right on the page, down to account details, and down to location and put in a general location that will show up on your avatar every time you post... some of us :old:old more "mature in our prime" members won't remember your comment from one post to another... advice and help and just conversations are easier if we can just glance and see where you are. You have totally different grasses
in southern Al than we do here in Va.... my advice might not be at all helpful on some things there... Looks like your daughter is a great player... congrats to her too.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Soon as we get settled I’m gonna start out with a couple pigs for butchering. I’m currently working on clearing my pasture/feed pen for finishing out a steer or two a year. I have a big family that likes to eat meat.,😂
Ya know -- fence & sheds can go up while they're building 🤣. That scrap wood pile could be a treasure.

Welcome from VA.