The journey into the abyss of no return

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are MIXING the type B medicated feed at 1 lb PER 14.13 lbs regular feed that you are feeding... to CREATE type C feed... which is the EQUIVALENT of the 300 gr per ton.......SO you feed the type C feed that you made up... in a quantity less than a ton of feed.... at the rate of approx .9 lb per 100 lbs of pig...

In other words, you use the type B which is a CONCENTRATED mix.... 1 lb..... add it to 15 lbs regular hog feed... and then feed this mix (type C ) to your pigs at a rate of approx 1 lb per 100 lbs pig for 3-12 days consecutive...
So feed the pigs approx 1 pound of this mix per pig... so 20 pigs get a 5 gallon bucket not quite full (20-25 lbs per bucket) , per day for a week. Feed only that, say in the morning, then feed them some regular feed at say noontime, so they are not too hungry and try to get out.
Actually, I would feed them a bucket once a day of the feed with the wormer concentrate mixed in.... spread out so that they all can get into it at the same time... you want them to eat it and then they can have something more after they have all consumed some of the treated feed. Then go in and feed them some more if they are acting hungry... but not too late in the day, so they are hungry the next morning and will eat the treated feed.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are MIXING the type B medicated feed at 1 lb PER 14.13 lbs regular feed that you are feeding... to CREATE type C feed... which is the EQUIVALENT of the 300 gr per ton.......SO you feed the type C feed that you made up... in a quantity less than a ton of feed.... at the rate of approx .9 lb per 100 lbs of pig...

In other words, you use the type B which is a CONCENTRATED mix.... 1 lb..... add it to 15 lbs regular hog feed... and then feed this mix (type C ) to your pigs at a rate of approx 1 lb per 100 lbs pig for 3-12 days consecutive...
So feed the pigs approx 1 pound of this mix per pig... so 20 pigs get a 5 gallon bucket not quite full (20-25 lbs per bucket) , per day for a week. Feed only that, say in the morning, then feed them some regular feed at say noontime, so they are not too hungry and try to get out.
Actually, I would feed them a bucket once a day of the feed with the wormer concentrate mixed in.... spread out so that they all can get into it at the same time... you want them to eat it and then they can have something more after they have all consumed some of the treated feed. Then go in and feed them some more if they are acting hungry... but not too late in the day, so they are hungry the next morning and will eat the treated feed.
Sounds good, but right below this is a display of what type C feed is which is this.
Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 20-37-08 Pyrantel-S - Durvet.png

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have NO CLUE. Are the 2 drugs different? If that is the case, then feeding the "type B' mixed with regular feed is one wormer that targets certain type worms and "type C" is a different wormer and targets different worms? Maybe they are trying to say to feed Type B mixed with feed, and ADD in type C to feed both together? I would do one then the other ... type C says 1 feeding... type B says 3-12 days... I don't know....

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have NO CLUE. Are the 2 drugs different? If that is the case, then feeding the "type B' mixed with regular feed is one wormer that targets certain type worms and "type C" is a different wormer and targets different worms? Maybe they are trying to say to feed Type B mixed with feed, and ADD in type C to feed both together? I would do one then the other ... type C says 1 feeding... type B says 3-12 days... I don't know....
Yeah they are two different ones which makes it more confusing. I will say even without feeding these pigs any dewormer they are getting their fur back. They were in pretty deplorable conditions where they were at. I'm calling the people today to find out.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I called up Duravet themselves to get heads or tails and I don't know the exact math he used, but it equals 2.35 lbs per a feeding for all 10 pigs for at least 5 days. He said the reason for this is there is a worm that will come out in the bloodstream in 4 days and this will kill it.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Found my next toy...
I can export files into my SketchUp CAD program, doesn't require GPS, data, or line of sight to measure with. I can do the topography of where my house is going, measure cut and fill as needed and export it to my CAD program to then design a house into the design. Also doesn't have monthly subscription fees.
I can see other possibilities on putting in driveways/roads or site prep for building whatever. Just think of this way, when the rain came through @Baymule place, I could run this program before hand and seen low spots of where it would flood, see how much fill would be needed and check afterwards it was done right.
Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 07-44-55 Moasure® 2 PRO.png

Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 07-50-40 Moasure® 2 PRO.png

Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 07-57-30 3D Terrain Mapping & Volume Calculation – Moasure.png

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pretty cool use of new tech!!
This pole bindominium as I call it or pole barndominium as some call it was designed with SketchUp CAD which this program can export its files to integrate the two.
I run a CAD mouse with a regular computer mouse to design such things as the last build of animal shelter I did. It’s like flying and is fun to run both at the same time.
IMG_0727.jpeg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are sooooooo far over my head..... In a good way for you. Tech I am NOT.......glad there are those who are...
I like the idea of being able to do the "lay of the land" and being able to "see " where to build, put things, put in roads and such. I do not "see " things... even have a hard time with blue prints and seeing the finished project in my mind... Not a very creative person I guess.