Weather goat 106.7 temp

tjo804

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes they can and quickly.
I am going to have to do more research on the male goats. I figured the females with pregnancy birthing and all the dairy what nots would be the tough part. Boy Oh Boy wrong. I have no answers on him and the vet told me even after testing which would not be cheap She may not be able to tell me what was wrong. I think instead of vet visits I may need to look into some on line classes or something. He is still alive :yesss: all meds run through and hopefully all he needs now is to rest. uring is not clear yet but I will keep bringing a jug when I go out. I need to rebuild some trust with him Right now when he sees me I think he assumes I have another torture treatment in store for him. so I will sit with him and just be. I will see how he is doing after work.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need to rebuild some trust with him Right now
That's a good idea. They tend not to appreciate all that we do for them from a medical standpoint. I've got to start treatment on a doe with an eye problem. She's the only goat on my place that doesn't love me... I can only imagine that she's going to not love me a lot more when we get through with her treatment.

tjo804

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I contacted a goat expert that I watch on youtube yesterday :fl When he returned my call, yep I cried.
anyway he did tell me some hard stuff to hear and some positive signs to look for. one thin I had not heard of was a cud transfer. he said the only thing he would add to what I had already done is a cud transfer because the Nuflor is so harsh restarting the rhumen is not an easy task and can cause bigger issues and some more b vitamins they cannot really overdose on those he said. So last night I settled into the barn waiting for suspicious goats to get comfy and start chewing their cud. I came in at about 11 just to take a break and get a sip of water becasue the only goat to chew their cud was Az :he
went back out and somewhere around 2am ... go time Bessie our smallest goat with the biggest attitude started chewing. I jumped up grabbed her cud and ran to the house added it to a shot glass with filtered water and made about a TBSP of slurry cud yumminess. poured it in a syringe and served it to Az with a b complex shot and then came to bed. last night his temp 102.9 so I am feeling positive about his progress for now still need to get a urine and fecal sample but first coffee.

tjo804

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He is still with us. I did not do a temp last night I think I wanted a stress free night he did not want to go into the barn and I understand why. I just got him in and let them be. I went out pet everyone before bed and will assess what to do when the sun is up and see how he is feeling. So tired, not giving up. just resting with him. I still have no Idea what caused the fever or if in the process we did something that prolonged his healing, but I am Thankful he is still here and for all the people who helped to minimize my crazy here you are so helpful. Thank you

tjo804

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Azariah.jpg

This is Azariah this morning from the barn cam :celebrate