What are your goats' names and why?

bigmike

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My goats names are;

Cupcake- my Lamancha doe, was named when I got her

Goatie- my Dwarf nigerian - she was named by my teenage daughter

Butterscotch- my Dwarf nigerian wether- named by my 12 yo daughter because he is butterscotch colored

That's all for now.Hoping to get a herd sire soon so will have to name him.....

Bigmike

marlowmanor

Reaction score
bigmike said:
My goats names are;

Cupcake- my Lamancha doe, was named when I got her

Goatie- my Dwarf nigerian - she was named by my teenage daughter

Butterscotch- my Dwarf nigerian wether- named by my 12 yo daughter because he is butterscotch colored

That's all for now.Hoping to get a herd sire soon so will have to name him.....

Bigmike
Butterscotch is what my 5 year old wants to name a new baby goat when we get one. So DH and I joked that we'll just name all the kids we are going to sell Butterscotch so we don't get attached to them. :lol: First boy I've heard named Butterscotch though.

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
alot are indian names, cowboy names, or old 60'70' music, like dream weaver,maggie mae. sometimes I try to keep part of the mom or dads name in it, just depends, I have names like wyatt earp, wild Bill, Clemetime, fun names for me, maybe I was born in the old days, teen-ager in the 70's oops,

porkchop48

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Very interesting post.

Lets see I have

Nubian - Super Goat ( She jumped over DH trying ot get away one day and he caught her mid air and said SUPER GOAT. It stuck)
Nubian - SGS ( easy one there, Super goats sister)
Nubian/ mix doe - Tut. SGS's kid. The next letters in the alphabet were THT. So the name Tut came.
Nubian - Bailey - Born on St pattys day
Nubian - Ditto - Looked just like Bailey as a kid so got named Ditto

Lamacha Doe - Vango ( easy one there)

Boer doe - Mini me. Use to hang out with phillip the calf all the time. He is black and white so is she. Mini me :)
Boer Doeling - Cee CeeCame with the name Mary Jane. Did not want people thinking she was named after weed and did not
really like the name anyways. DH suggested Cocaine Katie as a smart butt remark so the name Cee Cee stuck
Boe Buck - Nonnie - Called him no name for so long, needed a real name.
Boer doe - Kreature - Was the ugliest goat I had ever seen when I bought her. Mineral deficient, curly hair, skin and bones. Now one
of my best looking does but the name stuck

Alpine Buck - Stinky - Well he stinks
Alpine doe - Kurt - Named after a friend of ours who sounds way too much like a goat
Alpine doe - Steiner - Named after same friend

Fainter - Elvis - Has some funky hair going on
Fainter doe - Presley - Elvis's girlfriend so it seemed like an appropiate name.

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Attitude-named after his crabby sire, who escaped from a lease, lived by himself in the woods for 2 weeks, and as soon as he got back home he beat the crap out of the other 4 bucks, one of which was top buck before Sr. left. Jr. has all the attitude and cockiness of his sire, to the point where he prances everywhere and walks like a rooster. Pure Attitude.

Adeleine (Addy, Big Momma)-I just liked the name. Couldn't think of a better one.

Black Widow (Nat, Natasha)-I didn't pick her name, but I'm not complaining since it's a super easy naming theme.

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Brandy, Kiko/Nubian Doe - is the color of brandy.

Dude, tri color Fainter Buck - He is THE Dude and he knows it.

Elsie, white and black Fainter Doe - Her name was Esther and we changed it because she looked like a cow to us so she became Elsie.

Eli, White and cream Fainter Buck- was named by original owners and they got him from Amish. He has a great long beard and looks like and old Amish man

Stephanie, brown and white Nubian Doe - came with the name....gets called Steph most of the time.

Dusty, silver gray mixed up little girl. She is ND/Alpine X Fainter/Angora. - We named her because when we got her she was real fuzzy and looked like a dust bunny.

Elijah E, White Fainter buckling out of Elsie and Eli. One of triplets - We name our kids with same first letter as Mom and first letter of Dad in name. So E for Elsie and because of the Amish connection Elijah just seemed right. The E is for Dad Eli.

Erin E, White Fainter doeling out of Elsie and Eli. One of triplets - See above.

Elizabeth E, White Fainter doeling out of Elsie and Eli. One of triplets - See above.

Dandy D, First born son of Dusty and Dude, silver gray carbon copy of his Mom.- Blue eyed and just a Dandy little guy.

Sherry D, First born daughter of Stephanie and Dude. Beautiful brown and white Nubian/Fainter girl - named after my sister whose birthday she was born on.

Sunny, Mini Nubian Doe. - came with the name, but it really fits her. She is the most bouncy, lovable little gal with a sunny disposition and her face is to die for.

Right now we have the real possibility of having 10 to 13 kids born in the next 5 months. I cannot wait to see what names we come up with for the new babys.

verkagj

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Mine are:
Leah - was Leonara when I got her
Allie - was Alejandra when I got her
Pepper - already named when I got her. They all had "P" names.
O.B. - for Orphan Boy. The little buck we got in April. Owner said he was weaned too soon because Mama died.

DooDad - little buck that had kidney failure and had to be put down. He had "big ones"
WingNut - little buck that got stolen. Husband into airplane stuff.

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Flora and Fauna (dairy crosses) - AKA - Pain in my hinie! We got them together and my 8 year-old named them after the fairy godmothers in Sleeping Beauty.
For the record - Fauna would "dance around" like a Faun of greek mythology.

Jimmy (Spotted Nubian wether) - Came named as Jimmy Buffet due to very minor "parrot mouth" issue. We were going to adopt a wether and name him "Merry" as is Merry Weather - of the
Sleeping Beauty film...but Jimmy was used to his name and we weren't that attached to that whole "theme."
Sophie (Nubian doe) - Came named as such. We also call her "baby goat" as she's much smaller/stunted than the others.
Lyla (Nubian doe) - Came named as such.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Right now all my goats are purchased goats so I didn't name them. But I do biblical names. I'm a Christian and there are some really cool names in the bible.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
Right now all my goats are purchased goats so I didn't name them. But I do biblical names. I'm a Christian and there are some really cool names in the bible.
Like Moses. ;)