Where is old man winter - not in Ontario Canada thats for sure

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Well I'm sure I will regret this post as Winter will no doubt turn up at some point but it's just crazy high temps here for this time of year. We have had very little frost and only one day in double digit below zero. Not only is it plus 5 and above during the day its also sunny so we have done lots of Spring jobs and managed to get all manure out. Whats it like where you are ???

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Not feeling the bite of winter here, either, a bit south of you. Da UP of Michigan is notorious for cold temperatures and lots of snow, but this year (and last year) have been rather mild..the ponds on the property that depend on snowmelt to fill them will likely be empty again this spring.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Definitely doesn't feel like winter here in Central Ohio. More like early October or mid April. The critters are all confused. :/

ForestOwl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I guess it's not to cold.... it's in the forties where I am tonight -Arkansas

Lothiriel

Ridin' The Range
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Old Man Winter isn't here in Upstate NY either. I know there's been snow down in Texas though -- my mom's cousin sent us pictures. I'm not complaining though -- especially considering this time last year we had LOTS of snow and REALLY cold temps. Personally I'm enjoying the "warm" January weather. :)

ChickieBooBoo

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Not in southern Manitoba either, it was about +4C today :th in the middle of January

The roads were melting, everything was a wet, slushy mess.

dreamriver

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yesterday in south central Minnesota it was .....56*(f) crazy. today it is 32 and lightly snowing but so far this year we have only had maybe 3" of snow. On the one hand I am totally enjoying going to the barn to milk in a sweatshirt but I can't help but think we are going to get some crazy blizzard at some point. I sure hope we get enough precip to have a good growing season also.

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
the weather forcaster says a taste of winter for us in southern illinois. 1 inch of snow possible with lows about 18 degrees F, highs 30 one day, 40 the next. if this is all old man winter has this year, yeah. i know we will pay dearly down the road. either a hot dry summer, or another super wet one, 70 inches of rain here last year.