A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good to see you! It’s been awhile. Glad you all are doing well.
Where are you now? Guessing it’s one of our southern borders but that’s a lot of border! Stay cool.
And living in an rv - will be a challenge, but sounds like you’re up to the challenge. Lived in a trailer while we built - fun for a bit but it got old fast and it was only two of us and 4 dogs.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gotcha. Well, not my border then.
Oh eeek that early morning heat. Definitely no fun. I have several friends that live near Vegas and they are always saying move out here you’ll love it. 🤣 sometimes I’ve though hey worth a look, then I remember the heat when I was there for conferences- nope not happening!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah this kind of heat is not fun. I watch some barn swallows on my front porch during the heat of the day in the shade they look like they are going to keel over right there. I cant wait to go somewhere cooler lol.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So very glad to see your post. Sorry for the heat, I know I could not manage it. Bless your heart for having all the kids and dealing with the heat on top of it.
Can't advise on the RV... it would be challenging with the kids, but would give you some freedom to go places like you said.

Don't stay gone so long... it's good to just get a short update too. Cannot imagine how fast time goes by, the little one is already 8 months... WOW....
Hugs to your oldest for all her help to you....

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
We've had that kind of heat - though not as often - one time I was sitting on the front porch at the old house and a hummingbird came and landed and sat on my knee for almost 5 minutes. LOL - I wanted to go put out chilled hummingbird feed (I made it by the gallon back then - just water and sugar), I at least had iced tea.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nothing really new here. We were pretty much sick the entire month of June. For two weeks we had a cold virus, third week multiple kids had a ear infection, one had strep throat. Then one child got a ear infection in the opposite ear after their first ear cleared up. Another child got a sty.... and I think we either have really bad allergies or a mild cold virus. Its been a long month lol. hoping this is it and we done for awhile lol. Dh is going to find out in August were he deploying at in September. At that point we are going to decide what we going to be doing living wise. Dh possibly has off 2 weeks in August plan to start packing then. Partially because we 85-95% sure where he is going to be deployed at and its over an hour way from us currently so yeah gonna have to move again. It is possible he wont be allowed to come home even if we live near his work as well so thinking about what to do if that is the case. The kids are still doing school of course lol I am a mean mom we don't take off for summer. Working on plans for next year school and working on plans for what to keep and what to get rid of. Not much else to do right now.