A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks, well it appears that the upgrade has been completed but it was not without a day of phone calls and resetting both phone and laptop, I was so glad when finally everything was working...on Wednesday I have my cancer accessment and the following Tuesday the surgery will be undertaken. I will let you know how it's going once I am able. The farm has been swamped with rain , the last fall was 75 ml on our already drowned pastures. The creek was running 4 ft deep but lucky for me the sheep were all on the higher slopes and were all ok. T.O.R.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks, The surgury according to the Medical team has gone really well. the opereation took 4 &half hours due to a complicaition they discovered when they started. According to the team I am hitting the milestones in the same timeframe as guys over 10 years my jr....I was told that they expected a standard cancer in line with the biospy,but in fact the center contained a "very nasty" cancer ,so I amglad it has all been removed.

I have been allocaited a new Prostrate Nurse who will follow my prgress and who I can contact if I have the slightest concern at any time....This is my second day home and I caught up with my dogs who were so glad to see me.My old dog Max had been off of his food due to my absence and was "over the moon I was home".

Going forward I am assured that it will be 12 months before I fully recover and are back to my old self...T.O.R.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m so happy that the surgery went well and even happier that the cancer is all removed. Of course you are hitting the milestones of a guy over 10 years younger than yourself, you are a FARMER and we’re are a pretty tough lot. All that hard work and exercise had you in tip top shape for this surgery.

It has to be great to be back home and with your dogs. I know they were delighted to see you again.

Now, follow doctors orders as best as you can. The temptation to do more than you should is very real and well we know it.