Anatolian Pyrenees

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not with Boone, but the Maremmas (1 step down from the AS) did well using Sportdog radio fence IN CONJUNCTION with physical fence. They could no longer climb over or dig under. I just zip tied it to existing fence and went underground in gateways. Set the boundary for 10’ wide and there was no getting to the fence, but I would wait until pup is quite a bit older. Closer to a year as they need to be able to keep their wits about them when hitting shock zone. Even training with the flags they will accidentally hit it.
My boys spent almost 2 weeks in the center of the pasture 😳. It delivers a helluva shock

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Next up, corner pieces, floor, front door flap of sorts, insulation and a light/heat lamp. Need to get a cable for the current door up top.
IMG_6637.jpeg
IMG_6638.jpeg
IMG_6639.jpeg
IMG_6640.jpeg
Dog house.jpeg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Next up, corner pieces, floor, front door flap of sorts, insulation and a light/heat lamp. Need to get a cable for the current door up top.
View attachment 104311View attachment 104312View attachment 104313View attachment 104314View attachment 104315

Never seen anyone successfully get their lgd to use a dog house.
Mine all refuse. They dig giant holes everywhere, even in the barn! Now I have wire and wood on the floor to stop it. Horrible. Oh, gravel hole beds are better than comfy doghouses, too....

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Never seen anyone successfully get their lgd to use a dog house.
Mine all refuse. They dig giant holes everywhere, even in the barn! Now I have wire and wood on the floor to stop it. Horrible. Oh, gravel hole beds are better than comfy doghouses, too....
Well technically this one is doing it right now. Got a cat house I built in a emergency last year for incoming cat unexpectedly forced on us nice 4' x 4' x 4' and he stays in it as I am building his dog house.