BarredRockMomma (I'm still here)

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had to laugh when I read about why you don't want fainting goats ... I also would panic if I ever saw that... think I'll stick to my hair/meat sheep.

Sounds like you have some good ideas :thumbsup

If you can...take some quiet time for yourself everyday...let your mind be still, and as my Mama would say...wait on the Lord...He has a plan for you, and if you are still...He will show you :)

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The one message that I have gotten from Him loud and clear it "Be still and know that I am the L-d" I work on that everyday. I just keep asking Him for an email or letter detailing the plans so that I know what I need to be doing. Still waiting, I think it may be a while befor I get it :D One thing that I do everyday is I go out with my goats and just love on the ones that want lovin' and it helps me a lot. During the winter I am not home for feedings. It is dark when I leave and dark when I get home and my girls have an opion about feeding in the dark. Let me tell you they don't like it because as soon as it starts to get dark they head for bed. :gig

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
christmas-new-year-wallpaper-199.jpeg

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good morning to all. Well for the frist time in years we had a white Christmas, and the snow is still comming down. They are calling for a 2 to 3 day storm and then more on Sunday. I get to work this week so I get three days of getting paid with little or nothiong to do. I think that I will work on cleaning and straighening my desk and getting files ready for the new year. I think that I may also spend some time playing on the computer.

My one doe who should not be breed but has been acting and looking like she was ready to kid, well she is now back to normal. She is doing what she normally does. I think that she employed the "doe code" just so that I would spend more time out in the yard with her. :barnie But that's ok I needed it more than normal these last few days. I love the holidays but some times the noise and mess just gets to me.

Christmas morning was fun the kids got what they wanted. The biggest smile of the day was when my son got his new train set, Lionel O gage, up and running with the smoke and everything going. :weee He did most of the set up by himself. I finally got a new tv now I can read the guide on the screen. It replaces the tv that I have had sence I lived in the Barricks over 10 years ago. The tv came with a blue ray player and "Gone With The Wind" Now I think that I need to download the book on my nook and read it again. It has always been one of my favorites. I got to spend time building Legos with my daughter, she got most of the Lego friends set. What she didn't open yesterday is being saved for her birthday in Feburary. We figured that we should get birthday while all the sales were on.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a wonderful 2013

bigmike

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
BRM, just catching up..Glad you made it through the holidays ok..They can be a struggle for me but this year was super busy so it went well...Good that you recognize the need for quiet time and can spend it with your goats...Aren't they great..mine are quiet,playful and loving and always help out my mood, especially on the bad or hard days when I am overwhelmed by the noise and activity going on around me...Also help brighten me up on the down days...Wish VA would recognize them as a therapy animal then they would pay for new ones lol....Keep your chin up and be positive and I'm sure you will be guided the right way....We were going to move to a town that is 45 minutes closer to work and get out of this old drafty farmhouse we live in but something held me back and it didn't seem right...Then they got my meds balanced out right and I realized where we were was someplace to realize my dreams for a small self sufficient farmette..Went and got chickens and some goats and am really happy that we didn't make the move..Good luck with the jobs, sure you will get one soon.......Mike

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have started working on a web site. It is still in the rough stages because I left the flash drive with all the pictures at home. Please take a look celtichills.weebly.com and leet me know what I should add, remove, chage ect. Remember I am still working on it. I just like feed back through out the process.

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We have yet to see above 29 this year if we are lucky it will hit 32 next week. Everything is frozen, water, gates, people. I just want to get warm.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I hate the cold too. It is warmer today than it has been. I hope it warms up for you soon. :hugs

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:weee

The weather guys is calling for snow next week. :weee That means that it will warm up a bit. It is too cold to snow right now.