Baymule’s 2024 Lambing plus 12-23

Tina's LucyGraycee

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Took some pictures of Frimplepants twins, born 12-20-23. The ram is solid black, eye catching and is shaping up to have good conformation. I’ve named him Zulu and I’m going to offer him for a commercial sire. 6 weeks and 3 days old. He’s second generation, out of Cooper with Ringo as grand sire. He’ll make someone a good flock sire. I’m keeping the ewe.

View attachment 104423

View attachment 104424

View attachment 104425
This is gona be a dumb question im sure but frimplepants the type of breed? I have a lamb orphaned at age 2.5 wks. She wouldn't tak bottle sp while she did get colostrum at birth she didn't get hardly anythg aftr that. She looks just lik ur pictures. She the lamb I had with bottlejaw from barber pole worms. Got her through that. She started feeling better. Playing lik others. She's tiny. Runt I'm sure I don't think shes gona get much bigger. I just cannot put weight on her. Still popped belly, scraggly coat. Just deficient in everythg I think. She's been wormed twice. 1st liquid ivermectin need time pellets with group. She's 7 mths old now. Wish I had a program to set her up on to get her healthy. She needed to be offered milk replacement I think free choice. Mayb it's actual nursing from moma nipple that they crave. Regardless she didn't get any offered if that was appropriate thg to at all.

What do u think?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Frimplepants is the name @Baymule 's granddaughters gave to her when she was a lamb... she is a Katahdin crossbred I think...
The lamb probably is going to be a runt for the rest of her life... Sometimes they just don't "get better" ... with or without any special feeding or anything... some just don't do "better"... I am assuming she will be going with the rest? Someone may very well get her for a pet if she is small... and maybe someone can put her on some vitamins etc to help the pot belly and get her to shed out... but she will never "grow" better at this late stage of her life... they do the most growing up to 5-8 months...

Tina's LucyGraycee

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Frimplepants is the name @Baymule 's granddaughters gave to her when she was a lamb... she is a Katahdin crossbred I think...
The lamb probably is going to be a runt for the rest of her life... Sometimes they just don't "get better" ... with or without any special feeding or anything... some just don't do "better"... I am assuming she will be going with the rest? Someone may very well get her for a pet if she is small... and maybe someone can put her on some vitamins etc to help the pot belly and get her to shed out... but she will never "grow" better at this late stage of her life... they do the most growing up to 5-8 months...
That's what I thought. Her name is Lucy. Very very sweet. Been knocked around so much she just rolls with flow wherever she lands she picks herself up off ground slowly starts back to wherever she was going to start with. But boy I want u to know she has got a set of lungs!! Man can she get loud!! Solid black extremely long legs & tail, bushy wool coat. Like aftr u wash camel or sheep wool. YES she will be going too unless lady at feed store takes her & 1 more misfit.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Tina's LucyGraycee my sheep range from registered Katahdin to Katahdin cross bred with Dorpers. Frimplepants is the granddaughter of Ewenique, the ewe that just had the black twins. Frimplepants sire was Ringo, a registered Katahdin.

@Baymule's tries for color have succeeded so well that she is heading for an all black flock! LOL

Color is the eye candy, but it must be on a good sheep! The black comes from the black head Dorper. I do love the color!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last week my granddaughters and I moved ewes and lambs back across the driveway to the middle field. Then we sorted out Cooper from the heavy bred ewes and put them in the front field. We built a temporary night pen around the cow panel shelter. Sheba is elected to be their guardian.

The dirt pad is hard and I thought spreading some waste hay might make it more comfortable for the girls. So I took a wagon load of old hay to their shelter and it covered half, I brought another wagon load to spread on the other half.

Peek-a-Boo!

IMG_6151.jpeg

Fat girls approved.

IMG_6153.jpeg

I brought another load of hay, it was the top layer of 2 round bales after I took the netting off. I put it on the shady side of the shelter. They decided to eat it.

IMG_6154.jpeg

Jet is first up, due 3-26 on a 145 day chart. My sheep tend to go several days later.
The fun is about to begin!