Baymule’s 2024 Lambing plus 12-23

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We all know I’m a rookie —don’t know if this works for sheep,,, when dogs need help a spoon full of canned pumpkin helps put them on track.
Just pulling at straws for something.
I don’t know how I’d get them to eat that. LOL my granddaughters sure like pumpkin pie for breakfast!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mix it in with their milk? Dip an animal crackers in it? Mix it with some alfalfa ( or whatever hay they normally get? “drench” ?
🤣 I have no idea either. But my sheep do love regular pumpkin. Of course it’s not in season now.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don’t know how I’d get them to eat that.
You might give it a try. My goats, at least 90% of them, will eat pumpkin right off a spoon. They love the stuff. I mix their copper bolus in with canned pumpkin. Not pie filling - straight pumpkin. They will push me down to get to it. Literally slurp it UP!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Borrowed lambs are now off the bottle. They are getting Bermuda hay and water starting today. Plus B vitamin paste and probiotics.

I ran ram lambs through the chute this morning and wormed with ivermectin. A friend is picking up a ram lamb Friday, so I wanted to worm him. If he still has any worms, he’ll dump them here over the next few days rather than take them to his new home. That’s my theory anyway. LOL So I just wormed them all.

Ran ewes that were so bad off through the chute too. Had a couple that looked scrawny so I wormed them. Pulled matted last years wool off Fancy, that didn’t shed. She doesn’t like me any more.

Tomorrow morning I’ll run the ewe lambs through and worm them again.

My lambs are starting to look better. I hope they are on the other side of this onslaught of parasites and terrible conditions.

Latest posts