Baymule’s Journal

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great feeder - did you make it from a tote? How?
If you're referring to that pic of a hay feeder, no didn't make. Pic of one from another farm so I could cut my 2 unused ones to make. Just cut at sides and bend in..then reconnect. I'd add some pieces of goat fence onto inside of "v" to keep hay in better....and goat kids out! 🤣

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Besides, any alien life forms have got to be more intelligent than some of what are posing as adult humans in our current various government offices

Not only the jokesters on Capitol Hill, but the young idiots who take over the city due to a fake Game playing machines giveaway, then proceed to create madness, terror, vandalism, and extra expense for an already burdening police department budget. INFURIATES this old lady.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Monday morning I took down the 60’ round pen. Fifteen 10’ panels and a walk through gate, I popped pins out and dragged panels to a H brace and propped them up against it. Then I mowed the bitterweed growing inside the pen.

IMG_4751.jpeg

IMG_4752.jpeg

IMG_4753.jpeg

Then son and I punched a few holes with tractor auger, in a few places.

He put the hay spear on my little tractor and I can now set round bales.

Then it was time for him to go. I was heat exhausted and did nothing the rest of the day. Went to town yesterday morning and did not much yesterday evening.

This morning my chore is unloading the treated 8’ long by 7” top fence posts. First make a place to put them. I carried concrete blocks from the stack about 30 feet to where I want to put the posts. I drove in 2 T-posts as a stop.

IMG_4783.jpeg

Then I dragged the pieces to the bolt on bucket forks to the tractor. I semi assembled them, soaked bolts in P B Blaster and took a break.

IMG_4782.jpeg

With lots of PB Blaster, a big crescent wrench and a large eye bolt, I was able to tighten down the bolts. That took awhile and lots of sweat.

IMG_4784.jpeg

I did it!

IMG_4785.jpeg

Taking another cool down break with ice water. Then I’ll go saw on the bundle straps with my dull pocket knife and load a couple of posts on the forks and put them on the concrete blocks. According to the post company web site, they weigh 145 pound each, 10 pounds more than I weigh. This ought to be interesting.
Heat is already ferocious. May not do much, other than see if I can.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I loaded 3 posts on the forks twice. I’d hit a bump and the back wheels popped up, so decided to only carry 2 posts at a time. LOL

IMG_4787.jpeg

IMG_4788.jpeg

I got 14 posts moved, 9 more to go. At 12 moon, I stopped. Not going to give myself a heat stroke trying to finish. Moved Anatolians and fixed myself a grill cheese sandwich. I’ll eat then take a nap. LOL

It may not look momentous, but at least I got a little something done today.

IMG_4789.jpeg

IMG_4790.jpeg