Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I decided that I’d skip being outside today, this 104F heat is dragging me down.

BUUUUTTTT…….. I did a little something anyway. The blue tarp over the hay bale has been half tore off and in shreds for over a week. I’ve had a new tarp but other things kept getting my time and drained energy. It looked so bad this morning that I finally took it off.

IMG_4806.jpeg

Then I put on the new tarp. I wasn’t in a hurry and petted a lot of sheep. I took a break to cool off. Then I finished tying it to the cow panel with-what else? Hay twine!

IMG_4818.jpeg

I filled water buckets again. Anatolians ram to the gate looking hopeful so naturally I brought them to the house and yard.

I also sorted sheep this morning, putting Eve back with the ewe crew. Eve, Lucy and brown ram lamb may be going to their new home this week.

Done for the day.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
This heat and drought for east Texas must be some sort of record. Three hurricanes were off the east coast last week and might have brought rain, but they dissipated and drifted away. 🥵

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That looks fantastic!!! WTG esp in your heat.
I want you to know how much your cheerful comments are appreciated, not only by me, but to everyone on BYH. For me to get anything accomplished in this ferocious heat is a monumental task. Then here comes The BYH Cheerleader with tons of enthusiasm and encouragement, no matter how small the chore, and you make me feel like I just built a 5 bedroom brick home.
Thank you.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I want you to know how much your cheerful comments are appreciated, not only by me, but to everyone on BYH. For me to get anything accomplished in this ferocious heat is a monumental task. Then here comes The BYH Cheerleader with tons of enthusiasm and encouragement, no matter how small the chore, and you make me feel like I just built a 5 bedroom brick home.
Thank you.
Awe!! Thx.
I read what you do, add in the heat and say to myself - kick my butt out of the house, go get things done, make a dent at least - so I do.
I grew up in that kind of heat and humidity, no ac, lows at night in the low 90s. I know how hard it is to get things done in that. Heck just filling water buckets would be a tough chore - of course except for the unintentional intentional spray of water all over me!! :lol: I added another hour of weed whacking just before noon in your honor! ;)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was going to take ram lambs to auction on Saturday, but looking at these temperatures, I don’t think so. I’d open up the trailer to find them dead, already BBQ’ed!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fire in Trinity county. It’s in Glendale, spreading in all directions. It’s going towards Highway 94, Going towards Groveton and Friday. Sheriff Woody Wallace said they may have to shut down Highway 94.
Fire is about 30 miles from me, I’m in no danger. Sheriff said they got helicopters and bulldozers on the way.