Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We did it. It took 2 hours to run the lambs and ewes through the chute, and work the lambs. A shot of Dectomax and a dose of Panacur. The girls were a huge help. One handed me syringes and held the bottle of Panacur, the other wrote down their tag numbers and checked off what treatment they got.

Three more lambs dead this morning, including the beautiful black and white spotted ewe lamb I was so excited about. I wanted to cry, but the tears wouldn’t come. There is another one that probably won’t make it.

There are several that look bad. Still on their feet, running around, but just don’t look good. If they survive, they will go to auction. They got a check under the letter A.

This has hit like a bolt of lightning. Heck of a way to cull the flock. I wish I could cry.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh Geeze, I’m so sorry 😞. Just when everything was coming together so nicely this happens. You’ve done everything the right way and beyond.
Hugs. 🫂
I didn’t realize it’s been raining since Jan 8, I was thinking it was more like 2 months. Yikes it’s more like 6 months.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My sister fought the river and the river won. She is buying a smaller house in a real nice neighborhood in high ground, so that makes her the winner.

The same rains that flooded her out have wreaked havoc on my farm. I’ve had losses and it hurts. It seems the rains are beating me down, but I will overcome adversity. I am heartbroken, but I’ve dug in and I’m fighting back. I have some beautiful healthy lambs out there and I have to remember that.

It’s not just me. People all over East Texas and Southeast Texas are having the same problems with small livestock.

The rivers have taken a lot from people. Their homes, cars, trucks, everything but the clothes on their backs. Those without flood insurance have lost all they have. I keep reminding myself that I am blessed.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm soooo sad for you. Let me shed the tears, as you soldier on, esp in front of the girls. :hit

I had my Grand girl over here today. She has never ironed, DD doesn't own a board or iron. So I ironed her 95% cotton High School Graduation dress for her. She was amazed at how the wrinkles came out!! Saturday is her day at 18 yrs old. On to college in Portland OR in August.