Baymule’s Journal

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cooper has had ladies with him since first of April. NOW he’s breeding them. There goes my October/November plans for lambs. He bred ewes last year in July. They threw themselves against the cow panel divider, so I opened the gate and shoved them in with him. He partied until his tongue was hanging out.

@Baymule I would hate for them to be last trimester when worse August/September heat hits. My November - January lambing is working good as long as the winter precipitation comes down as rain not ice. . . You will have lambs ready for ~April KHSI show like me.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes I’m fighting heat, heat and more heat. I guess I’ll plan for June-July breeding. This early spring breeding is not working, neither is spring lambing. Limbs born in late March and early April seemed to fare better than those born later.

Now I need a real barn for a safe dry winter place for the ewes . I’ll just have to buy a little at a time until I have enough to at least get the roof on.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
In other news, my dryer won’t start. The power comes on, it lights up, but will not start. Ain’t that just hunkydory? NOT. Where am I gonna find poles high enough to keep my clothes off the ground? I walked out on the front porch and stared stupidly for a moment and had an AH-HA!!

IMG_6915.jpeg

Just one more thing to go wrong.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey @Baymule I got a real nice place in OhIo where the pastures are green and shaded. The barn is warm and dry and hay prices are cheap wait a minute u won't have to buy hay all year only about 3 months. I'll tell u what u wanna raise livestock I got a place for you

Too far away from my granddaughters!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s too hot now to work on the hoop shelter. I’ve got most of it done. I bought a tarp that was longer than the one that was on it before the hurricane sent it flying. There wasn’t one that size, so had to get the longer one. So…… I had to go find/rob another cow panel.

I still have to finish securing this side at the bottom. The plywood pieces have holes drilled and I have to line them up with the tarp grommets.

IMG_6916.jpeg

This side is done.

IMG_6918.jpeg

Had some leftover. I turned it back inside the hoop for now. I’ll go back this evening and finish zip tying it inside.

IMG_6917.jpeg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
In other news, my dryer won’t start. The power comes on, it lights up, but will not start. Ain’t that just hunkydory? NOT. Where am I gonna find poles high enough to keep my clothes off the ground? I walked out on the front porch and stared stupidly for a moment and had an AH-HA!!

View attachment 110035

Just one more thing to go wrong.
No, not gone wrong... you are not using that much more electricity to dry clothes in a heated dryer, with trying to keep the air cool with the AC... plus the breeze ought to dry the clothes with the idea of what used to be "swamp coolers"... blowing air through water cools the air some... there is a BIG swamp cooler on the 500+ cow dairy, and you can feel the little bit of cooling from the fan blowing through the water that drips through a "radiator" looking screen thing where the water just drips slowly down and the air blows through it..
You are getting more exercise with the reaching and such, hanging the clothes....

THINK POSITIVE..... I haven't used a dryer for over 15 years...or longer?..... it is in storage... I plan the laundry around the weather to some extent... and it smells sooooo good when outside in the sun.