Baymule’s Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey @Baymule I got a real nice place in OhIo where the pastures are green and shaded. The barn is warm and dry and hay prices are cheap wait a minute u won't have to buy hay all year only about 3 months. I'll tell u what u wanna raise livestock I got a place for you
And you want to leave such a perfect place, why?????

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gonna take lambs to auction tomorrow…… hitched up the trailer. Plug in the lights…. Nope. The plug was cracked, son replaced it with a shiny new one. This was to be its maiden voyage. New plug just a wee bit too big to fit into the receptacle. And I wonder why I have this feeling of defeat.

I’ll buy a new set and get it changed out. There’s always next week.

This morning I finished up the hoop shelter in the front field. Last night the ewe crew was in it waiting on me to feed them.

My poor little American Persimmon tree! The hurricane blew it over, broke one big root but another big root was still attached. So I tortured it further by pushing it upright with the tractor bucket. This of course scraped bark and broke some branches. I tied it to T-posts with braided hay string. I had to stop and braid some more. Coopersaid my knees made a good head rubbing station.

IMG_6923.jpeg

The tree shade is back!!

IMG_6925.jpeg

It is upright. I hope it lives. I’ll coat the skinned places with whatever it is that skinned trees get, water it, baby it and tell it how beautiful it is.

IMG_6926.jpeg

IMG_6927.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for the lambs to go next week then. You did a great job on the persimmon tree 👍And as far as not getting the lambs out this week -- maybe there's a little divine intervention stepping in - like keeping you of an accident or something like that. Ya' just never know.
Supposed to start raining tonight and rain tomorrow. Rain, truck, trailer load of lambs, don’t to be in an accident!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
IF the existing plug is too big, go to the farm supply store.... like a Rural King, and tell them you want an adapter/converter plug ..... They come in both a bigger end to be plugged into... and the other end is smaller to plug into the truck.... and VICE VERSA... to accommodate different plugs on different vehicles...
In fact, you might be able to find something like that at a Lowe's...
It's like having a 2" pipe that you need to reduce down to fit a 1 1/2 " pipe...

Not every one carries them but they make it so that if your truck has X size and son's truck has Y size... the trailer can be pulled by either... Most of the newer vehicles have larger receptacles , so that is probably why he put on the bigger plug without even thinking about it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s pouring rain. I got the hoop shelter put back up just in time. I got a sore lower back from it, moving a little slow. Took 2 Advil last night and slept hard. Exhaustion will do that. I took 2 Advil this morning. I probably pulled something dragging those cow panels around. It’s the popping them up to make the hoop that is the hard part. But it is done, it’s raining and sheep are not sticking a noes out.

I do wish I was taking lambs to auction today, but I guess I’ll be feeding them for another week. The Saturday sales that I would take sheep to are 3 hours away. So I’ll wait for next week. Phooey.