Baymule’s Journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
The sofa looks great! I LOVE those pictures.
Don't let the dining room discourage you. I don't believe that there exists a real lived-in home that doesn't have at Least 1 room where 'life' piles up.
And for those of us trying to run a home & a farm, it's doubly true.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
mowed in front yard, several strips, raked up grass and gave it to sheep.
I used to feed pigs this way -- and goats! -- now I use a grass catcher. 😂 Yes, easier than rake. Not too much trouble, overall. When their pastures are heavy growing, like now, I sometimes mow and use the sweeper a few hrs later, after it's dried some. On my fields--not being grazed, I bushhog, dry, rake to a pile and later collect in the mower cart. It's work but I'm too cheap to lose it all. :lol:

I've even hand baled some from fields. Makes great bedding for kid season. It's always much longer bladed from growing out. Save $ where you can!!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH has been mowing then hand raking and feeding it to the rams. I would like to get a rake for the tractor but for now he does this in the earlymorning and later afternoon. Maybe for his birthday in April. I am getting him a new tractor seat for Christmas - both tractors have the upholstery worn down to straight metal. OUCH!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a big yard, so mower & catcher, or pull sweeper.

Bought a "pine straw" rake couple yrs ago just for fields. It has a taller, more flexible set of blades. Works better for this purpose and less costly than the heavier, stiffer "landscape" ones. It's easier on the fields & for ME to handle. Being taller it gets a lot more collected before you lift to dump it out.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally got my new mailbox up. The mail lady hit the old one, knocked it off the post and beat it up. She was delivering mail out in a hurricane! Her truck slid in the mud and she smacked the mail box. So it’s just been sitting on the post, I finally got around to replacing it.

I carried out to the shed and put away 2 boxes of assorted little boxes of nails and screws, plus assorted hardware items. 2 more boxes unpacked!

A mouse got into the hall bathroom cabinet and left a poop trail. I took out all the towels and washed them. Cleaned and vacuumed the cabinet out. I put up 2 towel racks too.

My pile of boxes is shrinking. I’m going to San Antonio Friday to visit my friend and we are going to a Journey concert. I’m taking her several boxes of glassware.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thursday evening a friend came over to pet sheep. First we went in Coopers field. The Anatolians came up and investigated her. After proper introduction they concluded she was ok and she could pet them. She adored the dogs and thought they were wonderful. Then we walked among the ewes and she petted them. She was so impressed with Cooper, so masculine with his lions mane, but so gentle. When she got all she wanted, I set her a lawn chair in the shade and fed the sheep. Then I took the chair to the pen in the front field so she could sit down. The ewes didn’t disappoint, they came for all the petting and attention that she could lavish on them. Then we went inside for a piece of pie and visited.

IMG_7038.jpeg

Then up early Friday morning, out at daylight to feed, then off to San Antonio! I stopped at Buc Ees on I-10 outside of San Antonio to fill up. Loved this big water tank.

IMG_7042.jpeg

My friend Sarah and I went to the Tower restaurant and bar to eat before the concert. It stirred a memory and I asked the bartender when it was built. 1968. I said, For the world’s fair? She said yes. I exclaimed. I was here! We came to the Worlds Fair and we came up here! We split a rib eye steak dinner.

Click to see picture of the tower.

The concert was at the Alamodome and it was full.

IMG_7045.jpeg

IMG_7046.jpeg

Our seats were the second row……. From the top! LOL

IMG_7043.jpeg

We danced in our seats, stood up, danced, sang along, loud and badly off key and had a great time. The Steve Miller Band was first then Journey. Def Leppard was up last, but by then we were tired and caught an Uber to her house.

She has a Desert Willow in her yard. Pretty tree, pretty blooms, stays small and makes an attractive yard tree.

IMG_7047.jpeg

She is General Manager of a restaurant on the River Walk, but also caters weddings on the side. She had a tasting scheduled for Saturday at “The Pearl”. The Pearl is the site of the old Pearl beer brewery and has been purchased and the whole area turned into small businesses on bottom floor and condos and apartments on top floors. The old brewery itself has been gutted and made into a luxury hotel. Surrounding area has been bought, former site of the 1968 World’s Fair, for more inner city living. It’s very attractive and people were utilizing the outdoor spaces.

IMG_7050.jpeg

IMG_7051.jpeg

IMG_7052.jpeg

IMG_7053.jpeg

Nice to visit, wouldn’t want to live all crowded up like that.

She lives a mile from downtown in an old section of town, a very mixed neighborhood. There are some mansions, refurbished and beautiful. Maybe next door is an old house, rundown with trucks parked in the yard. Her house is a duplex, she rents out the other side. There is a big city park 2 blocks away with walking trails, ball fields, YMCA, tennis courts and it is extremely clean and well kept.
I enjoyed myself this weekend!