Buford T. Justice

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bad Buford. The past several days, he’s gone back to chasing sheep. This morning, first sip of coffee, watched him wake up and start “walking” the flock in circles around the night pen. Cooper too!

I now have a very unhappy Buford tethered to the fence. It will be storming the next couple of days. I need to come up with something for Buford to keep him out of trouble and give him shelter from the rain.

As I was typing this, it dawned on me. Turn out the Texas Five with ewes and lambs and put Buford in their pen. That might not work either. I have 2 older ewes, both about to pop and might need that pen for them and their lambs. Have never jugged either one, so probably ok. Hmmmm…….. yup. Texas Five, freedom today!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I came up with something to keep Buford out of trouble. The previous owners had Black Mouth Cur dogs. Excellent cattle working dogs. They left a concrete floored, chain link kennel.

14381B28-40FF-49BD-A22F-812CE9400118.jpeg

I took him out this morning and he was being so good that I thought aliens dognapped him and left a ringer in his place. He’s been good all day until awhile ago. He was chasing ewes, I stepped out on the porch and bellowed, BUFORD!! NO!! He looked at me, probably doing advanced algebra, figuring distance and old lady speed, figured he still had plenty of time before I got to him, and chased more and faster.

In a few minutes this old lady had a leash on him and scolding. Wasted breath, I know. If aliens did abduct Buford, they must’ve brought him back. He’s back in the kennel, he lasted 7 hours, that must have been all he could stand.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I came up with something to keep Buford out of trouble. The previous owners had Black Mouth Cur dogs. Excellent cattle working dogs. They left a concrete floored, chain link kennel.

View attachment 97869

I took him out this morning and he was being so good that I thought aliens dognapped him and left a ringer in his place. He’s been good all day until awhile ago. He was chasing ewes, I stepped out on the porch and bellowed, BUFORD!! NO!! He looked at me, probably doing advanced algebra, figuring distance and old lady speed, figured he still had plenty of time before I got to him, and chased more and faster.

In a few minutes this old lady had a leash on him and scolding. Wasted breath, I know. If aliens did abduct Buford, they must’ve brought him back. He’s back in the kennel, he lasted 7 hours, that must have been all he could stand.
Puppy brain!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
April 11, I had Reina the horse on the driveway to graze. I took her 4 month pictures. I brushed her, getting dead winter hair off. She looked so good!

IMG_4019.jpeg

A half dozen sheep came running down the fence. Silly sheep, I’m not going to feed you! No, not silly sheep, Buford was behind them, chasing. I had the horse brush in my hand and threw it at him, BUFORD NO!!!! It hit the ground, bounced and hit him.

Immediately he ran to the fence with his wrinkled up lips, grinning and saying I’m sorry. I read him the riot act a few minutes.

Something must’ve clicked. It’s been a week and 3 days and he hadn’t chased sheep since. The past 2 nights I’ve let him stay with Sheba in Coopers pen with 7 ewes. He’s being so good!

Because we are talking about Buford, here’s more. He found some kind of a plant, plopped down and ate it to the ground.

IMG_4023.jpeg

Buford was raising a ruckus. Senrty and Sheba came running up to see what the emergency was. Buford found a chunk of wood. They sniffed it, gave him a “you are stupid” look and walked away. Buford was sure he had a turtle monster and barked some more. I finally praised him for being so brave and he was proud of himself.

IMG_4080.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Buford blew his winning streak. I looked out the window a couple of nights ago and all sheep were standing up, when they should have been bedded down. Buford.

Buford was in Coopers pen with 7 ewes and Sheba. Cooper was charging Buford, so he must’ve been being a bad boy. What FUN! Buford easily evaded Cooper’s charge, ran around behind him and GAME ON!

I put Buford in the kennel for the night. He’s back on nighttime kennel. He just couldn’t be that good that long. He’s still behaving out in the field, but if I leave, sheep or Buford are penned up.