Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dig the seeds out, place in a cup, add water. Ferment them several days, if moldy scum on top of water, that’s good. Fermentation gets the slime off. Once dried, the slime can hinder sprouting. Rinse the seeds, spread on paper towel to dry.

I want to see what you get next year from these seeds! Where was it? It looks like it was next to a highway.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dig the seeds out, place in a cup, add water. Ferment them several days, if moldy scum on top of water, that’s good. Fermentation gets the slime off. Once dried, the slime can hinder sprouting. Rinse the seeds, spread on paper towel to dry.

I want to see what you get next year from these seeds! Where was it? It looks like it was next to a highway.
It's right behind where I park at the landfill. The 'wall' behind it is the ramp up to the truck scale. It is LITTERALLY growing in about an inch of rain run-off sand. The road was paved first (many, many years ago), then the scalehouse, scales, ramps, etc were added on top of the pavement.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This future tomato plant of yours deserves a name. It must have something to do with where it grew.

Scale House
Landfill
Crack in the Concrete

I like Landfill best. It doesn’t conjure up pleasant images, but that’s where it came from. LOL

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
This future tomato plant of yours deserves a name. It must have something to do with where it grew.

Scale House
Landfill
Crack in the Concrete

I like Landfill best. It doesn’t conjure up pleasant images, but that’s where it came from. LOL
Trash'mater ?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
My passion flower vine is producing fruit like crazy this year! In the past, the 1 or 2 that get any size just dry up on the vine while green. I did a little googling and see that they are ripe when they turn orange and fall off on their own.
Anybody ever get any fruit from one of these? Is it good? What did you make with it?
passioni fruit.jpg

This is the arch that the cows keep coming under - going from the lush, lovely grass that you can see to get into a mowed, weedy area closer to the house... :rolleyes:
And that upside-down tomato cage over next to the chicken yard is 'protecting' that ornamental tree that Eva has butchered every summer....

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Solid working dogs from that second generation - but more working and bite - so they did other sports. Lots of Boxers out here herding - all because of Pip related or not. :)
More bite is better for cattle herding. Probably Winifred's pups would have made terrific cattle dogs. Maybe Birdie is a distant relation!

Birdie is turning into a fantastic dog.