Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
NO NO NOPE... not you betraying loyalty.... his betraying your genuine concerns and the problems this other person has caused..... and it is not like this is out of the blue.... the situation has been an ongoing issue... So if he makes it into a real issue, you can leave sooner... not like you need a letter of recommendation for a job search.....
You gave them your loyalty, did everything you could to try to get along... and have worked more and longer than you probably should have to try to make it work... they have betrayed your dedication to the job and all the years you have worked for them....

Glad that your dad is doing a little better.... maybe you can help inch him into a "senior" center group activity of some sort down the road... and help get and keep his activity levels up so he does not get weaker or more frail....

That's great about the cat...

Glad the visit with your sister was a success with Birdie also... hope she feels more secure with the "life" she has with you now....

Guess once you get situated with the job the weaning will get serious with the calf... and maybe milking? Any chance the neighbor still wants to buy her? Prices are really high on replacement heifers... but it would be hard to give up all that meat in the freezer too.... Glad you are getting some grass from the rain and nicer temps... this rain today will go a long way to helping some late growth if we get some sun in the next weeks... but our pastures are on their way towards winter dormancy.... still be good for a bit...enjoying the cooler temps for sure.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ditto what @farmerjan said.
Loyalty? Ha - there wasn’t a whole lot of caring or listening when you were trying to help or when the coworker from “he double hockey sticks” pulled her stunts.
If he starts pulling the loyalty card or similar just say “I’m sorry you feel that way” turn and walk out - if it’s really bad keep walking and go home calling that your last day.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, 'Stay-cation' is almost over & its been busy.
3 interviews later, they offered, I accepted, offer letter on the way & I get to give notice Monday morning.
Moving from the trash business to the fuel business. Lots to learn.
I’m so happy for you! :weee

A little scary to start somewhere new, but also exciting and it will be so good to get away from the toxic situation.

All the doors opened, so it must be the right direction!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree with all the above. If your boss starts crap, walk out. Why even give notice? I know, you are doing “the right thing.” Just what specifically are you expecting? Him to hire a replacement and you train her in your last week? Or maybe the witch suddenly steps up and does her job and yours? You know that’s not going to happen. Giving notice only gives them both more time to heap punishments on you. They deserve each other. AND I would call his supervisor and explain that you just can’t take the toxic environment any longer, you have followed procedure more than once, and nothing changed, it only got worse. And now he can get out his box of crayons and color you GONE.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Put a rod up your spine when you give your notice.... you deserve to be treated with respect even as an employee.... if they don't show you at least common courtesy, walk out.
Do not tell them where or who or what you are going to do... none of their business. Do not justify it except to say that you can no longer do your job in the environment and you are not going to spend the next 5-10 years being miserable so it is time for you to find work elsewhere... Don't say you have another job or not....
I know that money is always a consideration, but I don't think you will lose your house if you leave tomorrow... and take a few days to get oriented with things at home, and offer to go to the new job sooner and all you have to tell them is that it was better to not finish out the 2 week notice.
I am sure you can do this even though you are dreading the possible confrontation...and you are NOT going to allow yourself to be talked into staying under any circumstance.....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
You're in my thoughts 🫂 you may be nervous but, stay strong. YOU are in control this time! It will be the beginning of a new and better phase of your life. 👍🥰. Smile! Be happy. You owe them NOTHING. Toss that weight off of your shoulders.🥳 🎉

Last edited:

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you @Mini Horses 🥰

I'm not sure if I chickened-out or braved-up, but I decided that instead of requesting a meeting with him that would give him time to 'prepare', I just emailed him a very nice, professional letter - CC'ed the HR dept & blind CC'ed my personal email. If he wants to discuss it further HE can request a meeting with ME.

I had it written up yesterday, but added in "As a follow-up to our meeting on the morning of September 11...." because I'm sure he didn't report that I had requested a formal meeting and had told him that I was sorry but if he refused to help me then I would have no choice but to look for another job.

SO! Counting down the days. I'll work the next 2 weeks here - unless things become so nasty that I can't stand it - and will start fresh on the morning of 10/9 :clap