Canesisters 2024 journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
2 work things

The other morning I kept checking my bank account to see when that big check with all the overtime would hit. 1st since switching from temp to permanent. Not there... maybe new direct deposit takes longer??? Did all my paperwork go through??? Almost called HR to see what was up. Then found out it was Tuesday, not Thursday. :hide Now I'm wondering, if I keep having this much trouble keeping my days straight on this rotating schedule..... HOW am I going to manage to do it when it's one day when I go in & a whole 'nother day when I go home!? 😱
🤣
And.... got that check yesterday (on ACTUAL payday 🙄)
Little raise to the company rate 😁, little bonus for joining company 😀, 20hrs overtime!
Next check will have the last 12hrs OT from that he// week AND the pay bump for moving to night shift.

Sis & I are going to have a NICE mini-vaca 🥰
I'll be setting up her 'suite' at Debbie's B&B today. Tomorrow starts with homemade biscuits & sausage gravy.... ready whenever she feels like getting up. 🥰
At some point, probably a little road trip - we always do our best talking in the car - a little shopping, & a nice resturant.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was gonna be my suggestion -- your phone! I don't know what day it is half the time and I'm not switching shifts. 🥴 I OFTEN write myself notes at night, usually shortly before bed -- leave them where I drink morning coffee. Makes a difference for me! Both writing it down, then reading it first thing -- plans, reminders, lists if must do +buy or pay, appts, etc for the day. Phone in hand with date, weather, etc.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was gonna be my suggestion -- your phone! I don't know what day it is half the time and I'm not switching shifts. 🥴 I OFTEN write myself notes at night, usually shortly before bed -- leave them where I drink morning coffee. Makes a difference for me! Both writing it down, then reading it first thing -- plans, reminders, lists if must do +buy or pay, appts, etc for the day. Phone in hand with date, weather, etc.
LOVE that idea!!!
Thanks

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
It only took a couple of hours to turn the junk room back into a guest room. Turned out that I had used the sheets that fit that bed as sofa covers. 🙄 Oh well, trip to wally-world & it's all good again. I like the new ones better anyway.

Debbie's B&B open for 'business'.
20240802_210551.jpg

There's so little space beside the bed that I moved the desk out & just put a chair & tiny (folding) table there. It will give her somewhere to sit & do makeup/hair without making the room crowded.

Bath turned out prettier than mine!
I saw somewhere about a hospitality basket & liked the idea. The basket on the back of the toilet has wash cloths & air freshener plus travel size deodorant, a razor, lotion, toothpaste & brush and the little shampoo, conditioner & bath gel that I swiped from Disney.
20240802_160658.jpg

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pay raise and OT! No wonder you had the wrong day! You were just excited. I’ve worked nights, long hours, it does get hard to know what day it is. Hint: look at your phone…..
I was USING my phone to check the bank ap! 🤣
I was SO SURE it was Thurs that it didn't occur to me to check the date.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I called my husband one time and he was having a meltdown because he couldn’t find his phone! Of course you KNOW I got some fiendish joy out of that. I asked if he had brought it in from the truck, he went outside to look, all the while having a fit because he lost his phone. Nope, not in the truck. Where did you go when you went inside? Bathroom? So he looked in the bathroom. There was a large mirror and he saw himself talking on the phone! Hahaha!

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I called my husband one time and he was having a meltdown because he couldn’t find his phone! Of course you KNOW I got some fiendish joy out of that. I asked if he had brought it in from the truck, he went outside to look, all the while having a fit because he lost his phone. Nope, not in the truck. Where did you go when you went inside? Bathroom? So he looked in the bathroom. There was a large mirror and he saw himself talking on the phone! Hahaha!
🤣😅🤣😂🤣😅😅 PRICELESS!!!!