Canesisters 2024 journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks. When we bought it, the intention was to be the gathering spot for both families. He had family roughly 2 hrs in each direction, north & south. I had family within an hour. Plenty of room for everyone to gather for meals & holidays.
Folks passed, moved out of state, grew distant...
I've been blessed to be able to provide 'home' to family for a year or so, a friend for several years, and comfortable space for little get aways for several folks.
When I started this 'nesting' kick I found that I was breaking up areas that had been kept ready for those big gatherings & trying to make several small cozy spots just for me.... and the cats.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love so many parts of your home. I almost gasped with glee at the table with the chickens and the plants on the side. Just soooooo nice!!
Thank you! 🥰
All the chickens have been gifts over the years. The giant snake plant was a rescue from the dead plant discount rack. It was just a few sad leaves & a pot of rock hard dry soil. Everyone always wants to put them in the dark & forget to water them. But this one actually seems to love morning sun & lots of water. It's over 4' tall & growing.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I agreed to fill in Wed on B shift. I had forgotten that this was going to be my long week. Only day off this week is today. Not going to lie - pretty good chance that I will only leave the den to refill the coffee & pee. 😅
I did get Eva's temp paddock hooked up early this AM so she can work on mowing along the driveway. I peek out now & then to be sure she's still in there. It's raining off & on all day. I don't remember a July as wet as this one had been!! NOT complaining! Closed off/cross-fenced pastures are growing like crazy & I HOPE to make it well into fall/winter before needing to feed hay.
Speaking of - I am DYING to ask my hay guy how Blossom is. But that would be inappropriate wouldn't it? He didn't adopt a puppy, he bought a cow. He's a cattle farmer & these are income not pets to him. For all I know he drove straight from my place to the processor. And that would totally be his right...... right?
I've been locking the chickens up in the dark the last several days & just realized this morning that one is setting. I don't know how long she's been at it. Maybe as long as a week. Guess I'll let her go & see what happens mid Aug. Freakin chicken math is getting out of hand.
Sometime between now & next weekend I've got to get 'nesting' in the guest room. My sister has been getting kinda quiet lately. Not posting much, replying 1x to a whole day's bunch of texts, not talking very long when I call. This usually means that she is getting really tired & worn thin. She has PCOS & fibro and sometimes it just gets to be a LOT.
I asked if she felt like taking a break & she's coming down next weekend. My intention is get my 'B&B' up & running by then. No responsibility, no decisions, no demands. She gets to sleep late, have coffee & breakfast ready when she gets up. Good, simple food ready quickly. Possibly a couple of favorites from our childhood. Some decadent sweets available. Maybe a little road trip to this cool nursery in NC I heard about. They have a Cafe/coffee bar in the midst of beautiful vignettes for sitting & relaxing - sometimes even live music.

edited to correct Sis's condition from POS (😳.... not piece of 💩) to PCOS
:hide

Last edited: