CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
How far out does the laser and bullet accuracy start to vary?...and do they make them for revolvers?
It's probably directly proportional to the amt of $ spent on the laser and mounting hardware.

The dot itself, being a very focused type of 'photon' doesn't drop or bend. It travels in a straight line at the speed of light. (who woulda guessed?) Theoretically, the range of the laser is unlimited, But over distance the little dot will grow in size with non-military class1 & class2 lasers. What begins as a pinpoint at the firearm, at 200 yards, may be as big as 4" in diameter. With a good setup, the bullet should still fall within that 4" diameter at 200 yard range impact--depending on the initial range you sighted in at. Remember, some morons have taken a cheap classroom laser pointer, and pointed them at aircraft several thousand ft in altitude, and caused pilots to file reports with the FAA/homeland security.

The quick answer to your question is generally 'farther than you can easily see".

For most revolvers, the easiest might be a barrel mount. There are all kinds of them. I use a barrel clamp on type on both my sks and my .22.
There are dozens of different mount clamps for revolvers. Some mount on the barrel, some mount on the frame just above the cylinder, some come as a specific kit where you change the grip and the laser is integral to the grip. The same for lights.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I may have to look into that, I got 2 more in the duck yard last night. These 2 were the biggest ones I've ever had to deal with, both were males.....I wear a size 12 boot.... IMAG2816.jpg ....this is the biggest and this has to be the grandpappy of the neighborhood....hopefully there can be a peaceful night tonite...I know the ducks would appreciate it, and I certainly could use the rest also.....:)

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What you pay for a sight really determines how good it will be, you really do get what you pay for with gun parts.
The one in the pic there is an EOTech M6X. They don't make those anymore. You can get an optional pressure switch for them as well.
Cost on that, they're around $375-400.
Specs on it says the beam distance is 30 meters.
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of EOTech anymore. After they said that the EOTech holographic sight I have for the AR was a "knock off" since they don't put serial #'s on them permanently, it was a sticker, of which still was partially there, I have no faith in them. They refused to repair a cracked optical saying that it wasn't one of theirs, which it most certainly is. It's useless with the cracked optical. I was more than willing to pay for the replacement lens, but they wouldn't fix it and suggested I buy a new one from them. I'm good, rather have an ACOG, but settled for just putting a regular scope on the AR.

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You mentioned revolver what kind of sights do you currently have? They make some really nice low visibility sights for a lot of double actions. I’ve got a super Blackhawk and found I can’t readily change the sights so what worked for me is I borrowed my wife’s nail polish and gave my front sight some color. Though from the possum you picture there you seem to be doing just fine

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
You mentioned revolver what kind of sights do you currently have? They make some really nice low visibility sights for a lot of double actions. I’ve got a super Blackhawk and found I can’t readily change the sights so what worked for me is I borrowed my wife’s nail polish and gave my front sight some color. Though from the possum you picture there you seem to be doing just fine
That was with my 22 and holding a mag light, 4 D cells, under the stock....I've been using it for years and it is like a 3rd arm. I always take the 357 Dan Wesson with a 3 1/4" barrel with me, cause when ya go out in the dark ya never know what is lurking and if it is close I want something to put it down with 1 shot....but I'm not as comfortable with the revolver as the 22 and just haven't shot the 30-30 enough to be confident with it. Toting the mag lite, 22, and the 357 gets a bit weighty and I'm no where near the strength of my younger days. So, I'm just looking for something to improve the situation....:)

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Might upgrade the flashlight? The newer little LED ones are brighter by quite a bit and lighter weight. I have a surefire flashlight that is a beast for distance compared to the ole 3 D cell maglite. Only thing is you can't beat something with the puny ones lol.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I never shoot with my eyes....I aim with em, tho....I shoot with my fingers.....:).....but, I sure ain't as good as Lucas McCain, but I've never had anything shooting back at me either. I have lit matches with a BB gun, back when there were real matches to work with....the ones with the white tips....tho, not with each shot.....:)