Coffee anyone ?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pausing for another cup'a on this 'Monday-est Tuesday EVER!!'
Jimmy Buffett playing in my ear buds
beach.jpg

(trying to drown out the work troll babbling)

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good mornin’! Fenny is chowing down his chicken-y breakfast, I need to remember to make phone calls today. I looked and realized last night that one of the Doctors scheduled Randy for pre surgery testing in Fruitvale @2 and me in Nampa @ 2:30. 😳. They are quite some way apart (45 min?) Doesn’t look like I will have time to pick up a rabbit to replace my notadoe. My Isadoe is due to kindle on the 9th so it really could be anyday. She very restless, but hasn’t pulled any fur. She’s a first time mama so I hope she does everything right!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
While I was out grazing yesterday on the hill I saw my neighbor's Anatolian running across one of their fields. He's a pup, ~7-8 months - but wow what a sight to see the big boy cover ground. Wow. Effortless ground covering stride to the max.
I have to admit that I've been wondering what things will be when I get the sheep grazing in the meadow that borders our fence line. The sheep took note of the furry flash who was 100 yards away or more, and Obi did so as well. I told him it was "OK" and that seemed to let him relax a step down from full alert. Told him who it was (though they've never met) - so at least next time I'll have a name to go along with the "It's OK". That neighbor does not have livestock - just flowers (protea for market) and avocados.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
50s here. Fall in full swing... we totally skipped the end of summer period....
68 and overcast/foggy here -- I do believe that Fall is trying to make an appearance here as well. Strange - he had a very long Spring and now it looks like Fall will arrive early (not complaining). It does seem to be that way in a lot of places. 🤔

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went to dentist -- that POd me. Then to a store to work. Now home and find DS and my tractor gone😵‍💫👎🤬. Not a good day, so far.

Planned to schedule last 2 crowns but, find THEY say my allowance is gone. WHAT??? Had 2 crowns done last dec, took until Jan to get perms to arrive so they could pop on. Well, they got pd in Jan, so telling me that's this yrs funding 🤬😵‍💫👎😖. Can't be, dec 31 ends up(no carry over) & Jan 1 begins a new yr and allowance is $750 a qtr, so no funds available for that bill. 🤔🥴Had to have been 2022 funds, when work was done....save waiting so long for the final cap. We're checking. Otherwise I just got screwed out of $3k. Can you tell I'm not happy?? 😡 and they want $718 for cleaning. 😱 which insurance will pay but, that's a ridiculous amount!! No issues, beyond some receding gum -- he//, those teeth are 77 yr old, yes gums shrink!! For that kind of $$ they should throw in a whitening session. I have never liked dentist visits.

I think my rant is over. 🤣 thanks.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses -- grrrrrr to that dentist and office. I had similar problems with an eye doc a few years ago. Then switched and had cataract surgery - they said I could go back to the previous doc -- I say noo way, never ever. Easy to say but not easy to do - maybe find a new one??

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went to dentist -- that POd me. Then to a store to work. Now home and find DS and my tractor gone😵‍💫👎🤬. Not a good day, so far.

Planned to schedule last 2 crowns but, find THEY say my allowance is gone. WHAT??? Had 2 crowns done last dec, took until Jan to get perms to arrive so they could pop on. Well, they got pd in Jan, so telling me that's this yrs funding 🤬😵‍💫👎😖. Can't be, dec 31 ends up(no carry over) & Jan 1 begins a new yr and allowance is $750 a qtr, so no funds available for that bill. 🤔🥴Had to have been 2022 funds, when work was done....save waiting so long for the final cap. We're checking. Otherwise I just got screwed out of $3k. Can you tell I'm not happy?? 😡 and they want $718 for cleaning. 😱 which insurance will pay but, that's a ridiculous amount!! No issues, beyond some receding gum -- he//, those teeth are 77 yr old, yes gums shrink!! For that kind of $$ they should throw in a whitening session. I have never liked dentist visits.

I think my rant is over. 🤣 thanks.
That is a horridly high cleaning cost.

Is there not a place there that will give you a sliding scale for dental costs?

Tiny town near where I live has one place that does the sliding scale thing... I went there for my crown, it was MUCH less money. Of course the waiting list is horrifically long.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
“Otherwise I just got screwed out of $3k. Can you tell I'm not happy?? 😡 and they want $718 for cleaning. 😱

This is what scares me. We have no dental insurance. Neither of us had been in 30 some years, but we both had to before hip replacement (but not for my 2 knee replacements?) I had one tooth pulled and teeth cleaned, same thing, cost us a ton. They have been practically harassing me about going in again. Randy has to have a tooth fixed so I will go one last time and explain once again we live on ranchhand wages. 😳